Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any body know if Google has a customer service link

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Any body know if Google has a customer service link

I'll tell you why...
My Sony Ericsson mobile phone is plagued by constant admin notifications for "Google Talk authentication failed" apart from the fact that Google Talk no longer exists and has been replaced by something called "Hangouts" I have never knowingly subscribed to Google Talk or indeed any of the other myriad of possible Google apps.
Trouble is I can't seem to get rid of this annoying pop-up notification that happens up to twelve times a day. There is an option to "clear" but that only removes the notification in readiness for the next one. If I expand (click) the notification  I get an "Authentication Error" box with the options to "retry" or "cancel" cancelling only removes the box.
I do have in the apps folder "Talk" that has options to "force stop" or "cancel" and "clear cache" all greyed out. Another option that is live "clear data" that doesn't do anything noticeable. I understand there should be some sort of "uninstall" option or at least "disable" but there isn't.
My service provider can't help and referred me to Sony Ericsson who have no idea what is going on.
So it seems to me that Google should be the people to ask, but I can't find any kind of customer contact for them.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Any body know if Google has a customer service link

If you load the google store and look at installed apps is there anything googly that can be updated?
Razer
Grafter

You might want to check your synchronisation settings. I don't know if the phone does or can be synchronised with the services, but it could account for the repeated messages as it sounds to me like that is what it is trying to do. As for removing, as with most things Android, you'd likely have to root your phone first - which can break it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@billnotben, ah! now maybe you've got something there; checked the Accounts and Sync in Settings and found in "Manage accounts" the email address apparently associated with the account (that I have never provided to Google) is set "Sync is off" another option "Background data traffic" was ticked as "on" I have un-ticked it, the other option "Active auto Sync" was always un-ticked.
I'll wait with bated breath to see if the change makes any difference.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.