Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Tea drinkers?

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Any Tea drinkers?

The past 6 months i stopped taking milk in my tea and coffee, now i mostly drink tea. In the last 2 months ive been drinking peppermint tea, and now ive started on lemon and ginger.. i was wondering what tea`s some of you lot might drink and what are the benefits i just find them relaxing and better tasting than water.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Any Tea drinkers?

Been drinking tea for over 3 score year and ten !....  the best tea is "yorkshire tea"...  ( Yokshu Tee  if you play golf ! ! ) 

tried those so called "fruity teas"... but they are just like hot water and a juice extract..  a bit "naff"...

got to have at least 4 to 6 mug fulls a day.. two sugars and a drop of milk... can`t be drinking "Black Tea"... almost like ( I assume ) drinking hot vinegar... ( assumed, because I have never done that  ! ! !  Grin )

We had a genuine China man, come to stay with us for 4 weeks, and he brought his own "green tea bags" with him,.... politeness required me to partake with him... but after the first one... no more.. ! ! ..

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Yorkshire Tea for me as well,  also Twinings peppermint tea.

Mike 

Mike
Community Veteran

Black coffee in the morning, sweeteners but no milk!

Yorkshire tea in the afternoon & evening, sweetners but no milk!

Decaf coffee last thing at night with my meds!

Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

In his/her infinite wisdom God created both Coffee and Beer - I don't need tea. Grin

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 121

Not a tea drinker and prefer milky coffee and 3 sugars.

Last year I did have a black coffee which wasn't as bad as I expected it to be but wouldn't have it by choice.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 101

can't stand tea, either the smell or taste.

black coffee all the way..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I haven't drank tea in 30+ years, I much prefer black machine made coffee from my DeLonghi it's even good enough to drink in bed.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Same for me Black Coffee Thumbs Up  great wake up in morning , 1 sugar

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Superuser
Superuser

For anyone who likes filtered coffee , i can highly recommend Aldi's specially Selected Ethiopian Coffee.
I gave it a try ( been using it it ever since), after reading it came top in a taste test. Great with or without milk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240520/Aldi-s-1-79-coffee-beats-deluxe-brands-taste-test.ht...
Mike 

Mike
Fixes: 47

Throughout the day Instant coffee or Tetley tea whichever takes my fancy.

Both with a little milk and no sugar.

I had to learn how to make Indian tea but I'm not partial to it.

Tea bag, milk, sugar, pieces of cinnamon bark, green cardamoms and cloves.

(Google Masala Chai)

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sainsbury's Assam tea. Brewed for 5 minutes with still boiling water poured into a pre-warmed china pot. Milk in the cup first of course.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

@Strat when in site offices most recently Saudi Arabia the tea boy would make cha if requested. It was stewed tea with cinnamon condensed milk and other spices. It was poured from a great hight from one hand to the other which was all part of the theatre. Now I'm into coffee pods (cafe au lait and cappuccino) Cool smiley

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Assam ctc (curled, toasted and cut) loose leaf tea, black with fresh lime.

Community Veteran

sussssssssssssh!! but, I actually like PG Tips, no sugar and moderately milky (tea bags, can't be bothered with all that snobbish fancy loose tea messing about, never really noticed any serious difference in the taste anyway which ever way its made, however much the maker insists that I don't know what I'm talking about)

For a bloke of my age, I seem to be in a minority as I don't like tea you can stand the spoon up in.

I do insist in boiling water though, not boiled water!!

Living in a seriously hard-water area, if I remember, I do like the kettle filled with filtered water.

But the way I like it least is from fast-food outlet boiler, that makes tea with super-heated water that takes four hours to cool down enough so it doesn't scold the tongue.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.