cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Answer...

In this evenings Pointless on BBC there was a question on snooker players scoring 147.
Richard then went on to name one player who had scored 148.
How is this done?
15 reds taken with blacks, followed by the colours in order = 147 I can only think that the break begun with some sort of foul by the opponent, but there is no 1 shot foul, but even so the single wouldn't be included in the break score.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Answer...

Is this how it was done Undecided
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Ah yes, a free ball was my suspicion before I looked at that link.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Ah! thank you, now I see it.
So potentially a higher score is possible if not very likely, if 15 blacks are taken rather than the two pinks and a blue taken in the example. Can't see any player even if they did open from a free ball setting out for a record. Most don't seem to realise a 147 is on till quite late in a break <even if TV commentators quite often do>
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.