cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another...

Fixes: 125

Another...

...quiz.
Are you tech savvy? Take this  quick test.
It's not only the start of the new school term this week, it's also the first year in which children as young as five will be taught the new computing curriculum.
The updated curriculum has been designed to put a stronger emphasis on 'essay writing, problem-solving, mathematical modelling and computer programming' - and primary school children will be taught how to code.
Network operator O2 has created an interactive quiz to test your computing skills, and see if you could handle the latest education changes.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

11 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Another...

level 4..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Level 4 (I got two wrong Sad )
Fixes: 105

0 wrong Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 125

Oops - forgot to mention that I got two wrong from not reading the questions properly Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I got 14 / 16 however technically it should have been 15 as their question about an array has an incorrect answer.
Their answer is that an array is a list of objects that are the same type and size. This is incorrect.
An array can be a list of different objects and sizes. It could be a list of strings - of varying lengths (and thus sizes), it could be a list of different types of objects, some elements could even contain other multidimensional arrays. I opted for the appropriate option and was marked incorrectly.
In object pascal for one of my server projects I use an array to keep many different descendants of TObject in - from TClient objects to TLists - all in the same array.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I think for arrays, in the case of strings or objects, the array itself would just be a list of pointers (memory addresses). The pointers are all the same type and size, but what they point to could be different lengths, or for objects you would need to "cast" the generic pointer to one that points to a more specific type of object. That would be for C and C++ programming languages at least. In C a string is just a null terminated array of characters anyway.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I've got problems..I can't even find the quiz. Link takes me to story but no quiz, though it does say take the Weiss below. Maybe its my phone or maybe it's me. Crazy
Fixes: 47

You reached Key Stage 4 Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
beeceegee
Rising Star

Quote from: Strat
You reached Key Stage 4

ditto (1 wrong)
nanotm
Pro

I though a few of the "correct" answers were technically wrong, one of them blatantly so but hey ho I still got the same result I expect everyone else did of stage 4 .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you