cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another scam email?.. Most definitely.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Another scam email?.. Most definitely.

Received an email,complete with zip file attachment (which,strangely enough I have not opened).
Wife said "open it, what harm can it do?" Anyone want to tell her,she won't believe me. Here's the mail. And yes, I am British.
DHL Notification
Our company`s courier couldn`t make the delivery of package.
REASON: Wrong postal code
DELIVERY STATUS: sort order
SERVICE: Two-day shipping
NUMBER OF package: G441YTF77Z
FEATURES: No
Print the enclosed file for details.
An extra information:
If the package isn`t received within 15 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it`s keeping in the amount of $4.44 for each day of keeping of it.
Thank you for using our service.

DHL Global
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Another scam email?.. Most definitely.

Just returned exactly the same from USPS GLOBAL... to usps spam address.... they are aware of this scam, however, I think it is right to send it to them so they can track the sender and "do him in"!
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Had a similar spam email  last year  purporting to be from DHL. Co-incidently I was expecting a book from the USA bought through Amazon Marketplace.
Of course I did not respond to the email.
DHL Fraud Awareness have a webpage on the subject.
There is a similar email scam going the rounds which refers to a USD money transfer that has gone astray.
Sadly, people will respond to these scams - that's why the criminals keep going.
Even the most savvy of us can get caught out - the most dangerous times are when we are busy, stressed, short of time or feeling unwell!

Community Veteran

I had a load of spam emails claiming to be from my bank once. They asked me to forward them on to a dedicated email address which promptly returned them all as being spam due to their content.
Having called the banks IT department and explained this, they replied that because the antispam software had to run on all their email systems they couldn't work around the problem - when I pointed out that they were asking people to forward these emails through to this system they stopped replying ...
Community Veteran

I report all spam emails to spamcop.net and they deal with it. 
Does anyone else use spamcop?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: doris
If the package isn`t received within 15 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it`s keeping in the amount of $4.44 for each day of keeping of it.

You're being ripped off mate  Grin They only want to charge me $3.33 per day  Shocked (from the exact same type of email received earlier today (oddly it was addressed to a 'Yusef Ali' which is definitely not me)).
FedEx Notification
Our company`s courier couldn`t make the delivery of parcel.
REASON: Wrong postal code
DELIVERY STATUS: sort order
SERVICE: Two-day shipping
NUMBER OF parcel: 9N4Q3Y8FZR
FEATURES: No

Print the attachment for details.
An additional information:
If the parcel isn`t received within 15 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it`s keeping in the amount of $3.33 for each day of keeping of it.
Thank you for using our service.
FedEx Global
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

They must be getting greedy, or losing money cos everyone now knows its a scam....... WHY ?
Cos they want to charge me $7.77 per day  Grin Grin Grin Grin
kdoug007
Grafter

there  is a  paypal one  doing the  rounds also..
it  goes  something like... your  paypal  account  needs  a  update...  we have  stopped  it  for  now
please  give us  details  m on the  attached  form!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

What email services, or what dodgy organisations are people handing their details over to?
I never get these types of emails
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Forward your email address mate, and for $4.44 a day I will pass your details on. AND you could win an I-phone, as our 10,000th caller.. Grin