cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another (rather daft) scam.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Another (rather daft) scam.

I Guess some people must fall for these scams but this is one of the more dafter ones,
A crook pretending to be an assassin has been sending out a dramatic but bogus email to people in Lancashire.
Police and Trading Standards are warning people not to be tricked into handing over cash to the internet fraudster.
The message, sent to resident’s private inboxes, claims to be from a sympathetic assassin who thinks the recipient of the email has wrongly had a contract taken out against them.
He offers to forgo his job in return for a large amount of money and will then provide proof of who has taken out the ‘hit’ in return for even more cash.
Throughout the email the recipient is warned not to contact police or tell friends or family about the content of the message.
Det Con Mark Aldridge, of Lancashire Police’s Economic Crime Unit, said: “Anybody receiving this kind of email could feel intimidated and genuinely concerned that their safety is at risk.
“In actual fact this email is simply a spin-off from other emails designed to scam the public out of their money.
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Another (rather daft) scam.

I read about that this morning.
Anyone who knows me, even if they want to assassinate me, knows I don't  have20 grand to give away Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Would have a hard time getting £20 from me  Lips are sealed  Smiley
Fixes: 105

can't believe someone would flatter themselves to think that a hit would be ordered on them!
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I got one of them a couple of years ago... still waiting.......  Undecided
Steve
Seasoned Pro

New one on me, I guess the assassin Is going to get assassinated after sending out these stoopid emails. Heck chuck In a cream bun and I will do It for free.