cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another new trial

AfterImage
Dabbler

Another new trial

Not the right place I know, but I saw the announcement fo this trial and while the increased speed this will bring is undoubtedly welcome, and means the future once again looks bright for anyone living in an area where BT decides to invest, the reality is that anyone in a small town with population under 100,000 can probably forget it for the forseeable future.
So, how about BT actually delivering on the promises they made a couple of years back when ADSL2+/21CN was the future ?
A little over 12 months ago our local exchange (Leek, West Midlands) was scheduled for the 21CN upgrade on March 31st this year, that date came and went and it is now posted 31st March next year, no explanation and no apology. Getting anyone at BT to even acknowldge that I am technically a customer of theirs is nigh on impossible, but when i did get finally get through to someone who admitted the date had been shifted, all they did was promise jam tomorrow - apparently it'll be even faster next year...
I suspect the real reason is that due to LLU, most Broadband users in the area are already with a competitor so there's nothing in it for BT; I would have jumped ship too by now, if it wasn't for certain services provdied to me by my employer only being available on BT landlines, so I'm stuck.
I work for a big IT Company, and something BT should take note of is to focus on delivering the technolgy they have today, to all of their customers, today - future technology should not be held up as the reason for not upgrading old technology.
None of this is the fault of PlusNet, but as BT are their parent company shouldn't they at least have some way of feeding this back and taking note ? I'm unhappy at paying for an 'up to 20Mb  'service which is still pegged at 8Mb, and for the money I've spent on an ADSL2+ router which at this rate will need replacing again without ever being used for it's original purpose.
Graham
3 REPLIES
TwoDogs

Re: Another new trial

I totally agree with you I am paying for up to 8mb service and due to BT issues can be as slow as 1.2mb and its very best never reaches more than 3mb. I knew that at one point there was a fault on a connection near my house and neither Plus Net nor BT were at all helpful. This took over 12 months to be resolved and was only fixed when I managed to get a BT technician to take a look at what was a visible fault. This helped for a short time but service has deteriorated steadily since. Technicians have admitted that it is due to over loading at the BT exchange but BT, although aware of the problem and are totally complacent about it. Instead of rolling out fancy updates to boast about why can't they make their present services work properly in the 'poor relation' areas.
tom:quote
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: AfterImage
suspect the real reason is that due to LLU, most Broadband users in the area are already with a competitor so there's nothing in it for BT

it's the opposite of that, in being that customers are with llu providers and these are the customers that BTw want back on there network, so will launch in these area's first, where the market 1 exchanges have no competition so why would BTw want to waste there WBC adsl2, fttc launch money pot on these exchanges as they have no worry about losing customers or gaining any on market 1's
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

As the original poster said it isn't in the right place so i have moved it to Chit Chat