Did you mean: 

Another early release terrorist goes on rampage

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Another early release terrorist goes on rampage

@artmo 

Why so curt?

I do read previous posts where I can and if they do not follow directly or fail to link it to the the actual post that is being replied to, then how is the reader supposed to know. Checking back they seem to be out of sync in that my reply to you came inbetween your assumed one to @wotsup 

Perhaps you can recap and not try to make others look unfairly foolish.

It does help y'know. 

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@artmo 

Curt again.

I checked as you did and both higher and lower figures resulted, so it all comes down to who you ask, dates, and source.

But anyway, let's agree for what it's worth that your figure is correct, but it is still a great deal lower than all the other religious and non religious groups - so what are you trying to prove other than a couple of percentage points and threadbare support.

It alters the argument not one jot. Muslims are in a massive minority and way out of proportion to the influence they demand and receive because of political correctness.

Folks are fed up to the back teeth the way these rapid religions weaponise words and dare others to criticise whilst at the same time drawing support from the naive short sighted liberals of this world.

If this attack was, as one senior copper suggested, "an isolated incident" then somebody needs to get their head out of their backside - otherwise they'll miss the next one which is surely inevitable.

rEUnite
Rising Star

Those referring to the basis of ‘british’ values being in Christianity and Christian values might like to reflect on what the values of Christianity might be said to be. Did Jesus not teach that enemies should be forgiven?:

“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you” Matthew 5:44

Was the Parable of the Good Samaritan not about helping those of other religions and cultures?

And yet many here are suggesting actions which are diametrically opposed to those teachings. It is not the small number of Muslims or any other non-Christian religious group in this country who are challenging our so called British Christian culture and values, it is the like of those on here promoting the most hideous punishments they can imagine, and turning our backs on immigrants because their culture is different to what they perceive is ‘our’ culture.

Shame on all of you.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Boy are you on a hiding to nothing when quoting bible but hey, it's late now so I'm off to dream about how to smite with consumption, fever, inflammation, extreme burning and of course that sword.

Deuteronomy 28:35 KJV.

Sleep well. 😛

rEUnite
Rising Star

Deuteronomy is Old Testament. Christianity is about the teachings of the New Testament, and don’t forget that you were one of those proclaiming the importance of our ‘Christian based’ values. But don’t worry, I forgive you 😀

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

How kind, but none sought and none required.

As for proclaiming the values of Christianity, that is something I would never do given it's hypocrisy but as said it is the foundation of much in our society - for how could it be otherwise and that I accept. However, acceptance is not agreement and as a (very) long time atheist I am a realist not an idealist - and before you jump in with both feet on that one, atheism is not a denial of spirituality.

This Muslim malarkey brings far too many home grown arm waving tea drinking virtue signallers out of the woodwork who need to 'wake up and smell the coffee' as...."Dear Abby"used to say. 

From any quarter don't impose your beliefs on me, and don't bring slaughter onto our streets.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@rEUnite 

Question for you.

Where would you find the abbreviation  D.G.REG.F.D (Dei Gratia Regina Fidei Defensor)

Save you looking, it's on the brand new 2020 Brexit 50p. Interesting eh?

I'll leave you to translate. 🙂

I know that twit Charles once said he was the defender of all faiths, but then he is not King neither is he ever likely to be. 

rEUnite
Rising Star

As these things go, I prefer ‘illegitimate non carborundum’. Mainly because I won’t.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

It's actually spelt Illegitimi non carborundum but don't let that worry you, it's mock latin anyway.... one of my Dads told me. 😋

rEUnite
Rising Star

Indeed it is. I blame that ducking auto correct...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

@artmo 

Well I am not sure about your comment that a prisoner has to be released sometime......There are a number of people who have been locked up for life ie: Brady.

Well I couldn't agree more except I would replace the term 'locked up for life' to 'executed'.

I can think of someone else who should be executed and without creating further antagonism on the forums I won't say who, but trust me it is a pretty easy guess.

I am not religious (so I won't fall into that trap) but I wouldn't be nice to someone who harmed someone to me. In the interest of keeping the forums family friendly I'd better not go into detail on what that would entail.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Rubbish word of the week.

Deradicalised.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@artmo wrote:

And I'll help you out. A quick google search and we're told Muslims represent 5.02% of the UK population.

A week after that statistic was published they would be 5.5% of the population....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

Spot on according to ONS August 2018 and yet here we are running around scared to offend, scared to speak and scared to do anything about it.

This has to end, and end now.

rEUnite
Rising Star

@Minivanman wrote:

This has to end, and end now.

Just exactly what is it that ‘has to end, and end now’ @Minivanman?