Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another change

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Another change

I see Chucka has chucked his lot in with the Libdums. Maybe The Monster Raving Looney Party nextRoll_eyesRoll_eyesCrazy3

28 REPLIES 28
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Another change

Is that a record for changing parties, i.e. twice in a couple of months?

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Chooka is certainly a man of contradictions, perhaps he just cannot help himself given his background but to jump around like that in such a short space of time is really odd, especially for a Remainer - you'd think he'd want to stay in the same place!

Will he remain an MP after the next General Election? I doubt it unless the people of Streatham are more inclined to vote for 'one of their own' rather than whatever political party bandwagon he decides to jump on at the time.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Err, oops.Roll_eyes

Capture (2).PNG

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 63

@Minivanman He's a politician, no doubt he will be able to spin his way out of that one.Smiley

Seriously though, like all of us, he is entitled to change his mind - even I was foolish enough to vote Labour when Tony Blair took over as leader - he sounded genuine - but obviously wasn't.

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Indeed, and as Groucho Marx said, "Who are you going the believe, me or your own eyes!"

But there you go, if you can make it through life and folks believe your fibs... Like you, I took Bliar at his word but the scales fell from my eyes when he started to muck about with Clause Four. 

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

So Chukka not going to submit to a confirmatory referendum from his constituency on his joining libdums. He is devoid of any mandate to vote in parliament.. 

Says he did not realise how difficult it would be to set up another political party, he needs lessons from Nigel Farage.  Chukka, don't take this the wrong way but the reason your party got hardly any votes is that nobody likes turncoats who change parties without a confirmatory by election..simples, 

Luzern
Hero

@Minivanman wrote:

Err, oops.Roll_eyes

Capture (2).PNG

@Minivanman IMO, that just proves, you are one of many, who inanely believe, no one is allowed to change their viewpoint on any matter for eternity, particularly if it is not their own.SadRoll_eyes

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Absolutely not at all  and I am certainly not "inane". 

Anybody can change their view but, we have to account for what we have said before, no?

What does get right up my nose is those that change their views for political expediency as this man so obviously has, and to go from one ideoligical standpoint to another beggars belief - and he still remains an MP after being elected on a Labour ticket! 

Try that in the banking world of which I think you were a part of and it would be called fraud. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @Luzern I have to disagree with you here, yes of course we are entitled to change our minds, on anything at any time, but we are not Politicians and when we change our minds it has limited effect. But when you are a politician it could be construed as lying or at best manipulation in an attempt to win your grace.

If you, as a Politician, promise to say or do anything then in my opinion you should not deviate from it otherwise no one can never take your word on anything in the future and any trust we had in you as an individual is lost.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

"Nobody likes turncoats who change parties without a confirmatory by election..simples"

Spot on. Thumbs_Up

We had a local councillor back in the day who was elected as an Indpendent and then switched to Labour shortly afterwards. Not sorry to say I gave him hard to time through various means but what a two faced double crossing tosspot.

I could half understand why he did it as in that area you would be out in the cold on those council benches with no chance of having your voice heard on anything, and certainly no chance of being invited onto any committees, but he was still a tosspot. 

Luzern
Hero

@Minivanman I wrote

@Minivanman wrote:

@Luzern 

Absolutely not at all  and I am certainly not "inane". 

Anybody can change their view but, we have to account for what we have said before, no?

What does get right up my nose is those that change their views for political expediency as this man so obviously has, and to go from one ideoligical standpoint to another beggars belief - and he still remains an MP after being elected on a Labour ticket! 

Try that in the banking world of which I think you were a part of and it would be called fraud. 

@Minivanman I wrote "who inanely believe", That does not mean, you are absolutely inane. Everyone can act so from time to time.

Your definition of fraud does not conform to actual fraud

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming 
or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

That is unless Welsh english is non standard.Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Fine with that definition and I don't think I defined it, I only gave an example, but still smells of fraud to me... in fact it stinks of it. Smiley 

Luzern
Hero

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry @Luzern I have to disagree with you here, yes of course we are entitled to change our minds, on anything at any time, but we are not Politicians and when we change our minds it has limited effect. But when you are a politician it could be construed as lying or at best manipulation in an attempt to win your grace.

If you, as a Politician, promise to say or do anything then in my opinion you should not deviate from it otherwise no one can never take your word on anything in the future and any trust we had in you as an individual is lost.

@Anonymous  So, we're in the age and lands of the Medes and Persians, especially for politicians, who may never change their minds.

IMO, the loss of the conception that a MP is the member for Xtown first, and a party second; a representative of the people, but not a delegate of a party, has eroded our parliamentary system, for plebiscitary one open to demagoguery.

@wotsup wrote "

@wotsup 

"Nobody likes turncoats who change parties without a confirmatory by election..simples"

That too goes against our system, and with the same dangers.Sad

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I don't think anybody is saying you cannot change your mind @Luzern and not sure why you are sticking to that.

Of all people politicians ever since Churchill "crossed the House" double dealing has been their nature and that is accepted but, and as many keep on saying, a person has to accont for such a change especially if they are in the public eye and more especially, if the public put them there in the first place. 

I trust few people these days, but I have never ever trusted a politician that belonged to a political party as truth and morality always takes a back seat... otherwise they stay on those back benches and ain't that the truth. 

As for turncoats @wotsup is spot on, and it might "go against our system" but it also goes against all that is right and proper.