cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another band revives itself:

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Another band revives itself:

Spandau Ballet is going to reform, another in a longish line of bands that have re-invented themselves over a number of years.
I'm no expert on the subject but, I am repeating a question I heard a short while ago; Have any of the revival bands really really been any good, as opposed to the elaborate and no doubt well produced shows that go with them?
The commenter I quote was of the opinion the "Take That" was the only one that was/is any good or perhaps even better than their heyday, on the principle that they are using mostly all new material. The worst he thought were The Spice Girls. One band that probably doesn't fall into the revival idea is the Rolling Stones, as I don't think they've ever really gone away.
So I don't know, as I've never paid to see a revival band, but I bet some of you out there have.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
24 REPLIES
Fixes: 105

Re: Another band revives itself:

Well Simon and Garfunkel weren't that good on their tour last year..
Will Moderate For Thanks
N/A

Funny that - was just listening to them on Spotify as I read this post. Never rated them much but read in the newspaper today that they hada settled their differences and reformed - nothing like the lure of money to oil the wheels of friendship!

I like them a lot... but I think I was indoctrinated as child and won't be able to dislike them like I'll never be able to drop my football team.
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not quite sure where Genesis come in this but the 2007 revival I thought was good - but my music tastes are not necessarily the same as you lot, got the free concert at Rome's Circo Massimo in front of 500,000 fans on PVR not put it on my PC yet
Fixes: 47

Quote from: Petlew
Spandau Ballet is going to reform

They're booked at the Sheffield Arena on 16th October. Don't think I'll bother Smiley
Tickets priced £60, £45 & £37.50 (subject to booking fee)
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Lurker
Grafter

Unless the booking fee is a negative value, I don't think I'll be rushing to book either.
James
Grafter

I might have to go on holiday that week.
StickyMick
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo
Well Simon and Garfunkel weren't that good on their tour last year..

Niether were the Spice Girls Tongue
Spandau Ballet, eh?
He heee, those were the days. We all used to dress like them (then we realized how pratty we looked) Crazy
Ahh the memories of the moshpit on Saturday nights. They actually refused to let me in one night 'cos I was dressed too smartly  Huh
Lurker
Grafter

Its was only 'a matter of time' before the 'musclebound' 'pharoahs' met up at a 'coffee club' to discuss 'reformation'.
To 'cut a long story short', Martin Kemp had been 'round and round' the sofa retailers looking for a 'lifeline', he even said 'I'll fly for you'!, Anyway, there's not much of a marketing budget at the minute - just 'a handful of dust' and some 'empty spaces', so he sent a 'communication' to the rest of the guys, (this story is 'true' you know - pure 'gold') telling them that he had this idea that was 'always in the back of my mind'.
"My wife, 'she loves a diamond', its the 'glow' of the things, so yeah, she's 'highly strung', but I have this real 'big feeling' for her - hell I've 'crashed into love' in a 'windy town'. I'm a 'man in chains', and I have to do this, if 'only for the pride'. We have to 'cross the line' and 'fight for ourselves' - just look at how Take That have 'swept' the charts.
Our songs are a great 'foundation' - we know the 'code of love' - lets earn some cash, so we can buy some rock star 'toys'"
OK - I got bored now, somebody else can polish it and finish it off.
/runs
StickyMick
Grafter

.... Then they all sauntered off to the Queen Vic for a pint of cold tea Tongue
Lurker
Grafter

Fail - no song names in that one. Tongue
StickyMick
Grafter

Yeah, I know. Just thought I'd "Cut a Long Story Short." Tongue
Lurker
Grafter

Barrum tish etc.
Very good.
Surprised nobody else has leapt onto the punwagon though.

Probably too busy reading The Sun, sorry working Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks