cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Terrorist Attack

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Another Terrorist Attack

There has been another incident in London where a car appears to have been deliberately driven into a number of people.

Police are treating this as a terrorist incident.

Sadly we are likely to see more incidents like this in the future both here and abroad.

10 REPLIES 10
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Another Terrorist Attack

According to the 1 o'clock news on BBC1 the driver is refusing to cooperate with the police.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

That says it all for me.

If it was a accident he would be only to willing to cooperate or at least enquire how the injured were doing.

Community Veteran

it's very reassuring the way the Police and security services were on the scene within minutes and the way they have started to piece details together of the person they have arrested.

Highlighted
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Always depresses me reading these things. It takes a certain kind of something to commit these heinous acts, terrorists or unsound mind? Probably both, prison isn't deterring them. Thoughts are with the injured and their families.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Sudanese immigrant known to police is thought to be behind the terror attack on Westminster after ploughing his car into 15 cyclists outside Parliament.

Salih Khater, 29, veered off the road careering into pedestrians and cyclists at Parliament Square, after spending the night cruising around London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6060821/Sudanese-immigrant-terror-attacker-drove-London-hour...

More....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6060821/Sudanese-immigrant-terror-attacker-drove-London-hour...

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

I used to work near Tottenham Court Road and travelled up it almost daily on my way home, but "tourist hotspot", I don't think so.

Community Veteran

Maybe for someone who doesn't know London too well - they can be forgiven.

It is actually set to be a mini theatre area with the Dominion, the Phoenix  and a new one being built as part of the Crossrail project.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you watch "the video" it does appear that he was spooked by the following ambulance turn on its blues & twos, and he just panicked getting out of the way ....

Community Veteran

The car driver has now been charged but only with attempted murder.

Is this just a holding charge or are the authorities unable to gather sufficient evidence to place charges of terrorism against him?

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero

The police have said it's terror related, I suppose all they have to do now is find the evidence to back it up.