cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Scottish Referendum?!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Another Scottish Referendum?!

Sturgeon has just been on the TV again... Despite the SNP previously agreeing to let ir drop if they lost the last referendum they're now on the warpath of a second one.

Personally I think she's warmongering. History has watched this happen time and time again between our two countries but I hope to be proven wrong.

But supposing I am wrong, why is it that when we're called the unitked kingdom, she's talking about us being united and then talking about trying to seperate us? Just a while back she was fighting to flood scotland with as many refugees as possible - fully unaware of the consequences it would have for the good scottish people. Scotland has few resources and she wanted to sell her own people down the river like our MPs have done to us in england.

So, is she doing the right thing looking for another referendum?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
32 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Another Scottish Referendum?!

She just comes across as a silly bad tempered child stamping her feet trying to get her own way all the time.

I think she's a heartbeat away from becoming a laughing stock.

Community Veteran

Give it another couple of years and more countries will be leaving or planning to leave the EU than joining it, those that do want to join are likely to be the poorer countries and combine that with the trouble in Greece, Spain and some other countries who are suffering high unemployment it quite likely there will be protests and possibly riots, will the majority of Scottish people want to join the group ?

All the Scots I have met are a sensible lot except a few at a Celtic & Rangers match !

Smiley

ExtremeZero
Grafter

From now on the north of England can stay with the south. You're as bad as each other.

Thank you England & Wales for screwing yourselfs so hard that it's likely Indyref 2: Electric Boogaloo is going to happen with or without violence.

I am going to enjoy the amount of no voters just swinging to Yes as a result of this and all that had to happen was a lot of brits shooting themselves to get their "sovereignty" back.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well, two choices, stick with the lifeboat to freedom, or jump back aboard the sinking Titanic that is the EU, your choice, we'll be here when you're left on the flotsam of the EU's remains to welcome you home... Smiley

Community Veteran

No we won't, we've done that for the EU for so many years that to have the scots kick our teeth in and then come crawling back would be an insult.

What I'd like to remind the scots of is that london voted WITH them to remain. It was the rest of england that voted to leave so for once the scottish political elite can't blame westminster and claim that they're all bad.

Unfortunately though, Scotland doesn't have a great deal of natural resources to trade with and that means they may not last long by themselves and the EU won't want to keep them afloat - they'll only be interested in milking Scotland.

Community Veteran

My bloodlines are of scottish descent (mostly the border clans), so I'm not too bothered if they leave and come back, but it would be prudent of them to just wait a few years to see what other EU states do with regard to the union, because there's no point remaining with something that might not be around in a few years' time...

Community Veteran

I think they'd be idiots to go it alone again.. even if they thought the EU would have them with welcome arms.

As for coming back, we've catered for the scots for many years without complaining about it. If they then decide we're not good enough for them unless they're broke then that is an insult and we should not offer them a second chance for at least a decade.

I expect the EU are now saying the same thing about us but seeing as they've been depending on us for their money for decades it isn't quite the same thing.

Community Veteran

What will be will be, though I will find it amusing to have to need a passport to go north over the border... Grin

David_W
Rising Star

I think if another was called, Scotland this time would vote to leave.  The EU has got the message, people demand change, so the EU is going to be forced to change, with Scotland on the inside affecting that change, and the, well, not sure what we'll be called then, certainly not the United Kingdom, we'll be on the outside.

I may dislike Sturgeon, I think she's a whiny bat, but she had the mandate in the manifesto to call a referendum should Scotland vote remain the RoUK vote leave, that is what happened, the Scottish want to be part of Europe.  Same with Gibraltar, they may end up part of Spain now, and Northern Ireland part of the Republic.  So that whole "United Kingdom", no, looks like leaving the Union is going to break the Union, I'm laughing hard, no more Union Jack.

Community Veteran

David_W wrote:

I'm laughing hard

Really? - From your previous posts you've turned into a raging bull with steam coming out of your ears!

David_W
Rising Star

Why would I be a raging bull?  The vote is done, it's over, can't change the fact that the Country Formerly Known As The UK has cut off it's nose to spite it's face.  I'm laughing because the future is uncertain, we're leaving the largest trading block on the planet, where we had a major voice, to sit on the outskirts, where farmers who need seasonal workers from Europe will go bust because the hours are long, the work is hard and locals won't do it for minimum wage.

I'm laughing because it's started to dawn on people who voted Leave, that now we have to Leave, there is no "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it".  I'm laughing because the people who are going to be affected by this the longest time (16-17 year olds) were prevented from voting by Cameron, when their vote would have swung it for remain.  It's a giant cluster <swear word>, you have to laugh, we're a tiny country with memories of Empire and Glory Days, we're really an insignificant country on the grand scale of things, we had a loud enough voice when we were part of the EU, now we're just a tiny island nation with illusions of grandeur. 

Community Veteran

David_W wrote:

we're leaving the largest trading block on the planet, where we had a major voice

we're really an insignificant country on the grand scale of things, we had a loud enough voice when we were part of the EU, now we're just a tiny island nation with illusions of grandeur. 

We had a major voice but we're insignificant but we had a loud voice WHEN we WERE part of the EU?

We're still part of the EU. We're still an important country in the world, most of the world sells its stuff to us and although we don't manufacture much we still have some of the best designers in the world. Oh yes and if we're so insignificant on the grand scale of things, why is the EU so worried about losing us? - Why are you so worried about it?

You're all over the place David.

Community Veteran

7up wrote:

You're all over the place David.

That's sofa warriors for you... Smiley

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm all for Scottish independence and voted leave in the E.U Ref. Scotland results on the Ref: remain 1,661,191. Leave: 1,018,322 so we have a population of 5 million our independence Ref in 2014 results were  should Scotland be independent? No: 2,001,926. Yes: 1,617,989

So to the Scots that ' both leave&no want their votes respected an new Scottish independence result would in my estimation give the No side 3,020,248.

That is if all the population came out to vote again SNP would be defeated again. This is probably all pie in the sky though a rerun wouldn't look like this?