cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Open Day?

N/A

Another Open Day?

In March last year Plusnet hosted an Open Day which was very well received and much appreciated.  It was suggested (somewhere) that this might be repeated.  I know that all the staff are very busy but is this something that that is being looked at?
For anyone who might be interested, it was a super, interesting day and we were all very kindly received and made welcome.  It would be a shame not to give the opportunity to others.
Moderators note by James_H : Unstickified since its been and gone now.... Wink
286 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Another Open Day?

Hi Poppy,
This is certainly being planned (by me) and I'll post in the next few days with some further information.
We're tentatively looking at March.  You beat me to it Smiley
mcgurka
Grafter

Put me down for that, I missed last years one Sad
N/A

Yeah, my liver has just about recovered from Xmas, so put me on the non-existant list for attendance at the event you haven't organised yet.
Ta.
James
Grafter

I imagine I'll look at doing something similar to last year, where we had an email (?) request to attend.
As I've mentioned, I've not even started planning this yet, as I've got two other visits to sort first, but I'll keep you all posted Smiley
N/A

Thank you for the reply James.  Obviously, I won't be applying again in order to give other folk the chance, but  will be interested to know the views of the next attenders. I can't recommend the visit too highly - I hope that it goes off as well as the last one. 
Smiley
James
Grafter

Poppy,
Of course you are more than welcome to come yourself.  I'd actually be happy for you to come so that you can compare the two and see how we have changed.
We didn't reach our limit of attendees last time round.
N/A

Thank you James - will happily visit again so long as it doesn't prevent anyone else who hasn't been from attending.
(Would be nice to see one or two ladies - we were definitely in the minority last time).
James
Grafter

Peter,
The problem with holding an event over a holiday period would be that staffing levels would be lower and we want everyone to get a proper feel of the atmosphere, so the event would be held on a working day I'm afraid.
LiamM
Grafter

Hey James,
Last year applications were done as a Zoomerang survey in which we captured names, addresses, what people would like to see etc.. etc..
We (I) then emailed everyone back with full details, vague itinerary etc... etc...
You can probably find the archived survey in Zoomerang... though now you might want to use surveys.plus.net if you choose to do the same thing again.... :-)
(Hope that helps)
Oh ... and put my name down on the non-existent list of applciations too :-)
James
Grafter

Thanks Liam.
I'd forgotten how you did it last time Smiley
Will probably do the same as it worked well last year.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well I managed to catch Chicken Pox 4 days before the last one, so at least I shouldn't have to face that problem again this year Angry
I've had a deprived childhood and managed to avoid it, so it eventually caught up with me at 29 Grin
I'll see what day it is and whether I can get time off, but I hope to be able to make this one.
Fixes: 47

I would be very interested as you are just down the road.
Love to see in detail what the webcams resolution masks Tongue
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

[me=Be3G]might be interested, if it's during his Easter holiday (last week of March and most of April) and arranged reasonably far in advance so he can procure cheap train tickets...[/me]
James
Grafter

When's Easter this year? Smiley
I'll try and get as much notice as possible, but will be aiming for a Friday.