Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anniversary

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Anniversary

Of the worlds toughest race
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16173847
On a similar subject, I was sitting in the car this evening picking SWMBO up from work, when the local school turned out, it was sleeting slightly with a bitter wind, the outside temp registered as -1C.
"By gawd I thought" these kids today are tough (or poor), not one had a coat, hat or gloves.
Guess I was a softee always wore my duffle coat in winter
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Anniversary

Yes, and look around during any time it is raining.... and note that only one or two girls have brollies... even going to school, ... they must be soaking wet by the time they get there... do they have drying rooms ?  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Some people have short memories.
Every Wednesday afternoon was sports where we were dressed in shorts and rugby jersey.
When it was too cold to play rugby - the ground was frozen solid - we went on a 5 mile cross country run
Fixes: 47

Quote from: Oldjim
we went on a 5 mile cross country run

...and you still are Jim? albeit at a slightly slower pace Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Every Wednesday afternoon was sports where we were dressed in shorts and rugby jersey.
When it was too cold to play rugby - the ground was frozen solid - we went on a 5 mile cross country run
I Have memories of those days as well, always noted the PE teachers wore track suits and don't remember them doing much running.
Fixes: 125

Tuesdays was always a local run of about 5 miles come sun, rain or snow. Every so often this was extended to cover the Isle of Dogs including a run through the foot tunnel a Greenwich. Have noi idea of the total distance but it took some time.
Our PE instructor was ex-army, wore the obligatory tracksuit and had the loudest whistle I've ever heard.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still