cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anjem Choudary arrested

Community Veteran

Anjem Choudary arrested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29358758
Despite being known for his radical views, he's also a very smart person (lawyer by profession) who has previously been careful with what he says in public to avoid being arrested.
It will be interesting to see if he's charged and what evidence there is against him.
10 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Anjem Choudary arrested

doesn't matter how clever you are if your twitter and facebook accounts are being used to make posts encouraging "the faithful to rise up and smash the western oppressors, to give help to the brothers in the Levant and go there yourself to take part in the jihad"
the only question is can they prove these scumbags sent cash equipment or support messages direct to the Levant or aided others in traveling there, as with all such mouthpieces he should of been muzzled a long time ago but unfortunately the great multicultural pc brigade wouldn't do that in case it caused trouble .....he broke several laws with his group in the past blatantly crossing over the lines and was still granted airtime on various chat shows to spread his vile propaganda
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

When did he say that?
Community Veteran

No update nantom?
In the meantime, Anjem Choudary was released without charge - http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/26/anjem-choudary-released-on-bail
As I said before, Anjem Choudary is very smart. Despite having extreme views, he is very careful with what he says in public and he knows where the boundary lies with the law.
nanotm
Pro

where did I say "he" made the comments himself?
you really need to stop your constant misreading its bordering on harassment the way you constantly chuck random attacks at anything I post because you misread or failed to comprehend the post, by all means ask what I meant if your unsure but seriously the constant failed attempts at nit picking are tiresome
Community Veteran

So that quotation is from where?
nanotm
Pro

it was posted on his twitter and mirrored onto his Facebook page, its not there now and I'd guess there was either no proof that he personally made the post or proof that someone else accessed the account and made the post, otherwise its unlikely he would of been released without charge,
but that still doesn't change the fact that I never said he posted it despite your inference to the contrary
Community Veteran

It's took long to have been posted on Twitter...
nanotm
Pro

where do you come up with the idea that it was all posted in a single message ?

why don't you go and harass someone else for a while your boring me stupid with pointless inanities
Community Veteran

Because I do not believe this was posted by him or on his Twitter account. It does not fit in with his normal rhetoric.
I was interested if you'd made it up or actually found it somewhere.
nanotm
Pro

same old waffle every time your challenged,
"I don't believe"
your belief isn't required, you could of said "I don't belive he posted that" and you know what, I'd have agreed with you, because it wouldn't make any sense for him to directly promote terrorism unless he's lost the plot....
but no instead you embark on a succession of hostile aggressive posts just like every other time you've not understood something, almost as if your scared to state a position or opinion that hasn't already been parroted across half a dozen news outlets