Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anger over deadly China kindergarten minibus crash

pierre_pierre
Grafter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15769316

There has been anger in China following a crash involving a kindergarten minibus in Gansu province that left 18 young children and two adults dead.

The bus had just nine seats, yet had 64 people crammed on board when it collided with a truck on Wednesday.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Anger over deadly China kindergarten minibus crash

Very tragic.
I Guess there was that many on the bus because it was the only one available and to miss it would result in not getting to school.
Education is valued in China and none of the children or parents would have considered not getting on the bus because it was overcrowded.
tinto
Grafter

I remember posting a video clip showing standards of Chinese driving not so long ago.  They don't seem to have much regard for pedestrians, so why would anyone expect them to care about passengers,
and then there's this email circulating in Australia

DANGEROUS IMPORTED FOODS

There are no food inspection regulations of foods grown or processed in China , Vietnam , Hong Kong or Thailand .
Other world countries are scared of China making 'black hearted goods’, but can you differentiate which one is made in Australia , the USA , Philippines , Taiwan or China ? For your Information ... the first 3 digits of the barcode is the country code where-in the product was made.
Example: all barcodes that start with 690; 691 through to 695 are all MADE IN CHINA.
4 71 is Made in Taiwan .
This is our right to know, but our governments and related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE OURSELVES.
Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products 'made in china', so they don't show from which country it is made.  However, you may now refer to the barcode.
Remember, if the first 3 digits are 690 through to 695, then it is Made in China .  Don't forget, Hong Kong is now China , too.
DO NOT BUY FOOD PROCESSED IN CHINA , HONG KONG , VIETNAM or THAILAND !!!  Remember, there are no food inspection regulations!!!
WATCH WHAT YOU BUY. ESPECIALLY 'HIGHLINER' FISH PRODUCTS; all come from China , even though the box says 'product of Canada ', it is from China and 'processed' in Canada , that is, only  the coating is added and packaged in Canada.  The fish are raised in pens using chemicals that are banned in Canada as cancer causing but legal in China . This was exposed on CBC TV's 'Marketplace'.
Please think before buying anything from China .
Avoid buying all processed food packaged in China ...Anything goes! We just don't know what else is in those packages. Unlike the United States and CANADA (and Australia , Germany , France , Italy , Great Britian et al)  China does not have laws regulating food processing.
Basically, do not buy any processed food from China .  This includes Hong Kong. MANY companies are using a Hong Kong address to avoid this type of image reputation.
Do NOT buy food originating in China (or Vietnam or Thailand)! Take the time to read the labels and look for country of origin!
Your Health is at Stake!

REMEMBER THE AUSTRALIAN BARCODE PREFIXHuh?
IT IS 93
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Why should I wish to remember the Australian prefix? The above message is inaccurate.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Seem to recall reading that a number of products marked as British were not British at all but because they had been packed in Britain they could be labelled British.
It's unfortunate that the interests of companies gets a much higher priority than the interests of the consumer and action is only taken following some serious event.
tinto
Grafter

Quote from: alanf
Why should I wish to remember the Australian prefix? The above message is inaccurate.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp

Please  read my post again, I did mention that the email was circulating in Australia