cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andrew and the young woman photo fake?

Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Andrew and the young woman photo fake?

An article in a publication from Australia has found as below. I cannot imagine that

some of you will not say Australian child sex offenders are different to ours.

Carry on following the Red Tops.

Misperception 1: All Child Sex Offenders Are Paedophiles
Misperception 2: Child Sex Offenders Target Strangers
Misperception 3: All Child Sex Offenders Were Victims Of

Sexual Abuse Themselves
Misperception 4: Child Sex Offenders Have High Rates Of Recidivism

An article in a publication from  AustraliaAustralia has found as above. I cannot imagine that

some of you will not say Australian child sex offenders are different to ours.

Carry on following the Red Tops.

The chart below shows the relationships between offender and victim. You will note how seldom the perpetrator is a stranger

Relationship of victims of child sexual abuse to perpetrator (n=1,294,000)a

a: Total adds to more than 100 percent (103.7%). This indicates that a small proportion of child sexual abuse victims (3.7%) were abused by perpetrators belonging to more than one category

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@Luzern 

You seem to have a fascination with this subject, bordering on defending.  

Addressing point 1, aren't paedophiles officially adults?  So if an offender is not an adult they probably wouldn't be classified the same way.

Highlighted
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Interesting enough article @Luzern but it is just an academic paper presenting an in depth report, and it is only one of a series. You have also if I may say so twisted somewhat the conclusion arrived at especially in respect of your points one and four.

It is not saying child sex offenders are not paedophiles, in fact it not only puts the term into inverted commas, it states in it's conclusion "that child sex offenders are a heterogeneous group with varying offender profiles"  On your point four, neither is it not saying that they do not reoffend. To quote again from the conclusion "while not all child sex offenders have high rates of recidivism, a specific subset—those who target extrafamilial male children—do frequently reoffend"

As for your points two and three, how does that change anything?

As the paper says quite clearly, the evidence it outlines highlights that there are few black and white answers to these questions and we really do need to be careful when we cherry pick and misrepresent.

Luzern
Seasoned Champion

@RobPN Certainly not, if you think so, that's up to you. I'm just wanting to get away from the unreasoned almost hysterical reaction to the matter.

@Minivanman Your post is reasonable , not snide, and I thank you for it. As you say there are no black and white answers, but neither are there black and black, as some seem to believe.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

How about black and grey? Roll eyes

Oh yes and that photo. What do you think? Personally I think it's the real McCoy.

Luzern
Seasoned Champion

My final

RGBCMYK? Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

@Luzern 

I accept there are very rare circumstances where one could understand how a particular situation has come about.

For example a adult with the mental age of a child and needing the help of adults for daily tasks may well be attracted to children of a similar or younger age and as some children 'experiment' for want of a better term a situation could arise where a legal offence takes place.

That is different to the vast majority of cases where the person is fully aware of what they are doing and clearly knows right from wrong.

I fully concur with the points made by @Minivanman 

Our sympathy and help should be for the victim.

Some might argue they are both victims and I guess you would lean to that conclusion.

Community Veteran

@Luzern wrote:

My final

RGBCMYK? Grin

Not another word guessing game ?

Smiley

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@gleneagles wrote:

RGBCMYK? Grin

Not another word guessing game ?

@gleneagles 

Colours

3 Monitor / 4 printer ink  Wink

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I'm guessing that as it follows on from matters being black and white it's something to do with colour mixing.Smiley

Community Veteran

Thanks

Thumbs Up