Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anders Behring Breivik trial

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Anders Behring Breivik trial

I've heard enough Angry
I get the impression the media are glorifying him with continual coverage.
15 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Anders Behring Breivik trial

Some say it's important that he has his say.
If it was up to me he wouldn't have anything to speak with.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Strat
If it was up to me he wouldn't have anything to speak with.

+1
I think the bloke is ****ing sick. He doesn't deserve to live yet he doesn't deserve the quick death sentence either. As much as I hate to admit I'm saying this, there are some people that Torture should be used for and he is one of them. Children, they were just children and he's hunted them down and murdered them one by one. They were defenseless and unable to protect themselves. He really does deserve to be tortured and live his life in excruciating agony.
My only hope is that we ALL learn from this somehow - anything from spotting the signs to dealing with the problems that cause someone to turn to such acts. This cannot be allowed to happen again.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

This cannot be allowed to happen again.

Please forgive my cynicism...... but how many times have we heard that before ?  Undecided

I think we all know it will happen again but in this case I sincerely hope he is not declared insane.
Community Veteran

@strat, agree with you.
But the trial should have been closed to the public,
I don't consider the rantings of a mad killer 'in the public interest'.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Its about time they took war games off sale,  He watched them for a year to get a fix Angry Sad Undecided
Community Veteran

I don't really understand why the trial is continuing. he's admitted he did it. Now the only question is, is he insane or just evil.  We don't have to listen to him to find that out; simply have the doctors make an assessment, then send him away for the rest of his life, preferably in solitary confinement, and don't give him the platform he so clearly craves. Angry
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

What makes me cross is the authorities in Norway said his testimony won't be televised so as not to give his veiw publicity and then we hear verbatim what he had to say - same thing in my book!  Angry

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Its about time they took war games off sale,  He watched them for a year to get a fix Angry Sad Undecided

It's not the game it's the person
Quote from: hulls
Now the only question is, is he insane or just evil.

As I said before I hope the authorities decide it's the latter.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Strat
It's not the game it's the person
I'm not a games player but essentially agree with this statement.
I held a firearms certificate for quite a few years and owned an Anschutz match rifle that I kept at home together with ammo. It was only used on licensed ranges for practice or competitions and even the squirrels on the back fence were perfectly safe  Smiley
It was surprisingly easy to get a Met Police certificate back in 1968 but impossible now because of subsequent events.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Hard to imagine anyone who was sane doing something like this.
At the Trial of the Peter Sutcliffe (The Yorkshire Ripper) four Psychiatrists agreed he was insane but the jury didn't agree and found him guilty.
In my opinion a person like this will never change and should be kept in custody for the rest of his life as he will always be a danger to the public.

I'm always concerned in cases like these that insanity will be cited as the cause and the perpetrator 'was just a victim of circumstances' .
In a few short years he will be rehabilitated and released back into society.....probably to re-enact the crime as his underlying beliefs will remain.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not to labour the point but we get a lot of that now.
How many times do we read of cases where criminals are out on bail for serious offences and go on to commit even more serious crimes.
The Crime rate in Singapore is a lot lower than ours with no signs of graffiti or gangs on the streets, pity we don't implement some of the laws they have got over there.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Sprite
I think the bloke is ****ing sick. He doesn't deserve to live yet he doesn't deserve the quick death sentence either. As much as I hate to admit I'm saying this, there are some people that Torture should be used for and he is one of them.

Completely agree with you there.
Trouble is, people like him want publicity and the press are certainly giving it.
I don't care if he is declared insane or not, I think it is pretty clear what he is and if it was me in charge, I would have a media blackout (thus not giving what he wants) and put him down, very slowly.
Won't go into how I'd do that, because I'd probably get banned on here.