cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And you thought your insurance quote was high

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

And you thought your insurance quote was high

At £1.2 million (or monthly installments of £104k) I think zenith are turning into PI Steakers.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/330199/Young-driver-asked-to-pay-1-2million-to-insure-10...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: And you thought your insurance quote was high

They simply do not wish to insure him so by giving such a high quote they get free publicity !
My Grand daughter passed her test a few weeks ago and got an insurance quote of £12,000 a year, the daft thing is that with a provisional license she could drive her parents car providing someone else in the car had a full license and l plates were displayed yet having passed her test she can no longer afford the insurance needed.
Fixes: 47

The motor insurance companies will tell you this is very much down to the rapid increase in false and/or exaggerated claims.
At the end of the day honesty pays for those who aren't.
(A good slogan) Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

he insurance company said that the figure quoted was simply their way of saying they did not wish to offer4 cover Wink
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

I may be wrong but I believe a recent (i.e. this century) edict from the Government meant that insurance companies can not refuse to insure someone.
As others have pointed out, this is the same difference.