cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And yet they claim cost cuts etc etc etc

TORPC
Grafter

And yet they claim cost cuts etc etc etc

http://www.police.uk/about-this-site/faqs/#why-are-some-crimes-not-displayed-on-the-map

How much does the website cost?
The total cost of the Police.uk contract since the website was launched in January 2011 is £842,128. This is an average of £35,089 per month. Under the current contract (which runs from 30 September 2012 until 30 September 2015), the monthly contracted costs for data collection/processing and maintenance of the website are just over £28,000. These costs are published on the GOV.UK website, as part of transparency datasets showing monthly Home Office spend over £25,000. We will publish any additional costs for new site developments here on the Police.uk site.

https://online.contractsfinder.businesslink.gov.uk/Common/View%20Notice.aspx?site=1000&lang=en&notic...
Created on 18/04/2013
Development of Police.UK Domain including the provision of Crime and Justice Mapping
Reference number: NPIA00112
Estimated length of contract: 36 Months
Awarded value£1,171,805
Location where the contract is to be carried out: United Kingdom
Name of the buying organisation: Home Office - Police ICT Company Directorate

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: And yet they claim cost cuts etc etc etc

It's nothing new.
My local NHS hospitals trust pays out £55k per year for it's website and they openly admit it's done using a WYSIWYG editor. £55kv  Shocked
How many nurses could that pay for? How many medicines to prolong someones life? How many operations could it pay for that they've refused (like me for years)?
Public sector is a farce and then they complain they're skint and they need to mug the private sector of its wages via income tax. It really isn't good.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Re: And yet they claim cost cuts etc etc etc

I agree 100%
However our hands are tied Sad  Cry

My website costs me less than £25.00 per year from my host
Includes 24/7 support even on xmas day
All hand coded by me, in my spare time
No WYSIWYG gets near my website Grin
My forum is FREE from phbBB