Did you mean: 

And so it continues...

SRD
Grafter

And so it continues...

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: And so it continues...

I wonder how much of this is down to an "agenda" at The Telegraph (who seem to have done all the digging into his private life) trying to find anything they can to discredit the Lib-Dem's in the coalition goverment?
It would undoubtedly suit them to get rid of an LD in that post (and others) and bring in a Tory.
nadger
Rising Star

In one way it's becoming like the USA where you stand for public office at your peril.
Bet Laws isn't himself too keen on the alliance as it's put him into the spotlight - I really find his not wanting to admit he's gay a pretty flimsy excuse for bending the rules as far as he possibly could.
Community Veteran

So this is the new, reformed and cleaned up British politics as recommended by the Chuckle brothers, Nick & Dave.
Ha Ha Ha, I laughed my head off when I saw this. Sleaze is back.
nadger
Rising Star

Looking at dates involved this predates the general election.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran

Well he didn't last long did he!
The Chuckle Bros had given him the job of Chief Secretary to the Treasury. Perhaps they should have checked whether he was a crook first.
Wonder who will be next?
Community Veteran

he did the honourable thing and resigned.  Can't remember any of  the previous bunch of incompetent crooks doing so in 13 years Undecided
We should have expected resignations form the top with both Bliar and Clown Brown.
SRD
Grafter

It would have been honourable if he had come clean about it years ago when it became obvious that such corruption was no longer to be tolerated rather than waiting for it to be found out by a sleaze hunting member of the media.  Ok, living as I do near to his constituency and knowing that an admission of homosexuality may well have affected his chances of winning the election might justify his concern, but that, of itself, can only mean he intended to pull the wool over the eyes of those he sought to elect him.
I'm sorry but the whole episode smacks of the lust for power and self-benefit that seems to accompany the majority of those who wish to rule us.  I don't expect them to be whiter than white, and I don't give a stuff as to which part of themselves they are putting in to or having something else put in to, but I do expect them to respond to the blindingly obvious, and in this case it was blindingly obvious that he had been fiddling his expenses, was gay, and was going to be found out on both counts and if he couldn't see that he was stupid and there should be no place for the stupid in government.
Community Veteran

Quote from: SRD
there should be no place for the stupid in government.
I wish!