cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And he blew it....

Fixes: 104

And he blew it....

Andy Murray reminded us just how mediocre British athletes can be.
Pah.
Will Moderate For Thanks
3 REPLIES
randpwar
Grafter

Re: And he blew it....

Yep, it’s a very worrying loss. I do genuinely believe that he’s Britain’s best hope of a slam winner since..well probably Fred Perry. But yes, another performance showing low energy and, I suspect, low confidence. I’m sure he’ll say that Cilic, a mercurial player, played an inspired match; but this appears to be coming a habit with AM in the tournaments that really matter ie slams.
Now that you’ve got me on my soapbox, what really galls me about British men’s tennis is that the LTA receive I just don’t know how much from Wimbledon every single year and the last good players from the last 15 or so years have been a bloke born with a grass tennis court in his back garden (Henman), a Canadian and Murray who’s mother had the good sense to take him well away from the LTA coaches. The rest make an exceptionally nice living from being mediocre at best.
Sorry, speech over 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Andy Murray?
Community Veteran

Murray got to the US Open final last year and I thought he might do it again this year - even had a bet on him Sad  He seems tro have problems getting far in the really big ones.
Randpwar - the LTA gets around 30M from Wimbledon each year and really doesn't have much to show for it.