cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And all that jazz...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And all that jazz...

Here’s one to jog the memory of Blues and Jazz fans from the 60’s…
I was chatting to a very old friend from days in my mid to late teens when we worked in West Hampstead London NW6 together.
We worked within yards of a pub called the Railway Tavern that included a Blues/Jazz club called Klooks Kleek. Because it was so close a lot of time was spent in the club enjoying the music.
Regular bands included Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames, John Mayall and his Bluesbreakers some time before they became well known. It was an odd venue as there was no stage as such, just a corner of a quite small room was set aside for the bands, there were few regular bookings, as I recall it bands just used to turn up and played, but as a consequence because they wanted to play, the music was often superb.
I think the club closed down in the early 70’s, a lot of the regular bands had gone on to greater things.
Anybody else remember it or, ever been there? 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.