Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An inspirational youngster

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 44

Re: An inspirational youngster

OK, pedantic one, @rEUnite  how many of the LGBT community do you know personally? For reasons I'm not going into here, I know a fairly large number (not all, before you jump on me) here in Sheffield, and quite a few in Brighton & Hove.

John
Highlighted
Pro

@jab1 

I accept your apology. I am not, however, going to get into some childish competition with you about who knows the most members of any particular group. That is irrelevant as I was not claiming to speak for any group.

Highlighted
Fixes: 417

Moderator's note(s):

I have removed several posts that were simply becoming insulting and liable to get out of hand as in the past.

Please remember the Forum Rules regarding attitudes to other members.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@rEUnite wrote:

@jab1 

I accept your apology. I am not, however, going to get into some childish competition with you about who knows the most members of any particular group. That is irrelevant as I was not claiming to speak for any group.

@Mav 

Why didn't you remove this post that started the run of 'abusive' posts you binned ? 

Highlighted
Pro

@Mav 

This post seems pretty abusive to me. Why was that not removed?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 25

@rEUnite 

This whole thread seems to be you trolling, right from the start. The whole thing should be removed.

Everyone else:

Do not feed the troll.

Highlighted
Pro

@ejs 

And just what exactly is ‘trolling’ as you put it about my first post that opened this thread? A link to a happy article by a young person who is confident in his own skin and prepared to stand up for his right to choose and live his own identity without hindrance from others. What on Earth is so controversial about that?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@rEUnite wrote:

@Mav 

This post seems pretty abusive to me. Why was that not removed?

@rEUnite 

Does the truth hurt?  Roll_eyes

Snowflake.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Not far removed, but within the area of LGB and prejudice, I've always thought drag artists as being more than a bit misogynistic. Even pantomime dames seem to be taking the Michael.

Prejudice just about everywhere  if you look.

Highlighted
Pro

You are, of course, not the first person to think that @Minivanman. There are many who would agree with you, but there is an interesting take on drag and misogyny here:

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/arts/victoria-sin-a-lot-of-drag-is-misogynistic-but-for-me-gend...

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

@rEUnite wrote:

there is an interesting take on drag and misogyny here:

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/arts/victoria-sin-a-lot-of-drag-is-misogynistic-but-for-me-gend...

It`s only of interest to those who go searching for it..... most "normal" people, couldn`t give a fig about it...

They just get on with their own lives,  and let others get on with theirs..

No need to make a public song and dance about it, whatsoever..

Highlighted
Pro

@shutter wrote:

No need to make a public song and dance about it, whatsoever..

Wouldn’t be much of a drag artist then... 😂

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I suppose the point I was trying to make @shutter was that not everybody outside of the realms of minority opinion, race, lifestyle, religion and sexual orientation is a bigot, racist or every other insult that gets thrown out with seemingly undisguised joy by the snowflake brigade every time they read or hear an opinion counter to their woke warrior buddies.

It exists everywhere.

Just because you are black or Asian does not mean you cannot be racists, just because you are a Lesbian does not mean you cannot hate gays, and  just because you are a drag artists you cannot (as they often seem to) take the mick out of women.  We do not have to look far and we do no need to do an internet search as you quite rightly say in order to find that many within the LGB community have become utterly exasperated by this transgender nonsence of late. 

A kid wanting to adopt a different gender "inspirational" my Aunt Fanny.

Latest sex change pill - two tablets twice a day for six months... and Bobs your Auntie. 😄

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

Not far removed, but within the area of LGB and prejudice, I've always thought drag artists as being more than a bit misogynistic. Even pantomime dames seem to be taking the Michael.

It seems that both drag queens and pantomime dames are engaging in both gender appropriation and mockery,  where are those thought / hate crime police when you need them ?...

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Indeed, and dwarfs in Snow White only being played by midgets. What's all that about?

I'll tell you what its about, it's about discrimination against tall people plain and simple.... it's also diversity gone bananas. 😵