cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon spam/phishing emails

Fixes: 125

Amazon spam/phishing emails

I received lots of emails purporting to be from Amazon regarding many orders having been dispatched and all due to be delivered on Saturday - poor postman would be busyWink

A dead give-way is that the order details are not listed within the email although there is a click-able order number that does not go to Amazon.

Each email begins with "Hello," which is usually another clue to it being spam or phishing but looking at the many real emails from Amazon regarding order dispatch they also all start with just "Hello,". This make make it easier for the unwary to be caught out. I wonder why the proper Amazon emails don't address the customer by name as the order confirmation emails certainly do?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Amazon spam/phishing emails

I get these, too, Mav - but an even bigger give-away for me is that they are addressed to my Tiscali mailbox - which I only keep running for a couple of newsletters that are a hassle to move.

Only ever had about 6 spam to any of my PN addresses in the 3 years I've been here.

John
Amandaheed

I get these, there annoying
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've had a few spam emails saying I had a package waiting from a few different operators, but given I know what I buy and when it's on its way, I know automatically it's a fake... Smiley

As for the Amazon spam, why not call it, "Spamazon mail"...Crazy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Yep @twocvbloke

You know if you've ordered something, and if you haven't ignore. If you have I would log onto the website using my account details and check the status.

Not the first time scammers have done this and it won't be the last. Presumably to get your username/password on a fake site which looks like Amazon. Then they can log onto the actual site and order goods with your account which will have your card details saved.

Must be why banks have introduced that card password policy I guess.