Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon emails

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Amazon emails

Just a general question. 
I am subscribed to 2 or 3 Amazon emails, but have not seen any at all this week. Anyone else noticed this?
Before you ask, yes, they are in my contacts list, individually, and a 'catch-all' @amazon.co.uk.
John
8 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Amazon emails

if you mean the daily deals or the "we thought you might like this" emails I have been getting them at least once a day all week, sometimes they are a bit later arriving than at other times but I just put that down to network maint /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
jab1
Seasoned Pro

Yes - those are the ones, and I am certainly not getting them. Strangely enough, I have also noticed that my Mum isn't getting them, either, and she is with Virgin. (I check hers, because at 85 and after a stroke, she's not always in a fit state to use a computer)
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Also getting these at the rate of one or two a day including one this morning.
Using firefox on an Android tablet but not sure if that's of any relevance ?
jab1
Seasoned Pro

Well, seems like Amazon don't like our family, then Wink
Checked both our email preferences, and they are OK, but still no emails.
I collect mine via POP3 on a W7 laptop and check mums via Virgin webmail, but neither of us are receiving.
Will ask a friend of mine on Virgin if she is getting them next time I speak to her.
John
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

make sure to check the blocked senders list, some people received scam emails so their mail providers might have blocked legit ones as well /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
jab1
Seasoned Pro

I'm with PN, I assume you and gleneagles are too.
If you aren't, I'll ask in the email forum - I'm sure Bob Pullen will know the answer.
As a point of interest, having checked back in my Mailwasher logs, I stopped getting the mailshots after I replied 'I don't know the answer' to an Amazon Answers request. Don't know when my mums stopped though, because I'm not the only one to check her emails for her.
John
Fixes: 125

I've still been getting one a day (I think some days there's two) and they seem to get sent soon after midnight.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Seasoned Pro

Nope, Mav - Not a one, and I'm subscribed, according to my Amazon account details, to the Daily Deals, Computer and Local Deals.
Think my next plan, sometime in the future, is to unsubscribe/resubscribe.
John