Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon delivery times.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Amazon delivery times.

Just ordered a chicken and an egg. I'll let you know. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Amazon delivery times.

Ah, but what if they arrive in the same box! It would then be down to the order in which you removed them Wink

Community Veteran

I ordered something from Amazon to be delivered on Wednesday by Royal Mail Special Delivery 1pm Guaranteed delivery. We waited in all day. No delivery was made on Wednesday. According to the Royal Mail Tracking it was delivered 14:31 yesterday (Thursday).

I collected it from the Royal Mail Office at 8am this morning (Friday) after driving there.to pick it up.

They are such liars. Hopefully our MPs will lose patience and pass a law giving compensation equivalent to the national living wage rate when people waste their time sitting at home for the courier/service man who does not arrive.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

That would be seriously annoying for you as a customer and could lead to all manner of misunderstandings. If you go by the website that tells you something has been collected and you or your family don’t have it then the immediate assumption is that it’s been stolen.

You then go down the route of dealing with this apparent theft, only to find that it’s still in the RM Office. Now that would really tick me off.

Minivanman
Hero

A lot seems to depend on the carrier and the best I've noted so far have been UKMail.

Placed and order through Amazon around 10am Monday and it arrived post free on the Tuesday and between the one hour time slot I had been given. I was even able to request the package be left in the porch - which it was. I was emailed details to print out and then sign and leave it there for the delivery driver's authorisation.

Doesn't get much better than that. 

Royal Mail have become complacent and are being outclassed by the white van man. Who'd have thought eh.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Ordered an item from John Lewis on Monday (TV stand) They phoned today to confirm it will be delivered tomorrow (automatic voice setup) which also said we will call you 30 minutes before delivery.

They had also confirmed by email on Monday the item would be delivered Saturday morning and gave a number to ring if this was not convenient.

Perhaps a few other firms should adopt this system !

Community Veteran

You're getting a delivery from John Lewis on a Saturday! I've just spoken to them to see if I could get a new TV delivered and was told no, lucky for some I guess.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Mook

That's interesting.

When I purchased the TVStand and was filling in the usual details a calendar appeared allowing me to pick a day for delivery, true some days were blocked off but most were available, item ordered online Monday first available day showing for free delivery was Saturday, there was an option for paid delivery in 2 - 3 days.

I know you spoke to them on the phone but if you ordered online you would get the same form to complete as me.

Fixes: 125

Mook wrote:

Ah, but what if they arrive in the same box! It would then be down to the order in which you removed them Wink

Or the order in which they were placed in the boxWink

Minivanman wrote:

A lot seems to depend on the carrier and the best I've noted so far have been UKMail.

DPD are excellent especially with their driver/van tracking.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Mav wrote:

Or the order in which they were placed in the boxWink

Of course it depends on the orientation of the box when delivered.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Hero

You do all realise that eggs can only be delivered one at a time despite the best efforts of that chicken? 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Just to break the shell of this topic so far...this Amazon delivery turnaround takes some beating:

Item ordered Saturday 19:21

item delivered Sunday 13:15

wrong item ordered, return accepted by Amazon Sunday 13:40

will be placed in Amazon collection box 06:16 Monday.

(I could have got it into the collection box Sunday afternoon, but I was watching the snooker)

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Minivanman
Hero

The downside of course being that delivery packaging elephant in the room. Just spent ages folding and bundling a months collection of cardboard boxes for our Monday morning rubbish (sorry, recycling) collection!