cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Videos and subtitles

Preacherlady
Grafter

Amazon Videos and subtitles

I bought a Amazon Fire stick a few weeks ago as my TV is not smart, and though the DVD player is it is slooow.  So thought would try Amazon Prime and discovered a tv series that a friend in USA had recommended called Outlander.  So started to watch it and was enjoying the scenery and the hero especially as had subtitles. However, got to episode 9 and the subtitles disappeared even though it said they were on.  So tried another film and no subtitles even though I switched them on and the film had them available.  So went on the Amazon site and found instructions what to do if having problems, so followed the procedure stated. No subtitles.
So live live chat with someone on customer service who I informed had gone through the things she suggested so she said she would pass it to the technical dept.
Had an email from them this morning so say I had to follow the procedures that I had already done and informed them that!  And have tried several times in the past week.  And then it said if you still have problems send a screenshot!  Well, getting a screenshot off the TV will be a little difficult.......... Sad
So replied to say not helpful.  After all I had subtitles for 9 episodes and then they do not appear.
Has anyone  else  got one of these Fire sticks and  stream videos with subtitles successfully?
1 REPLY
Preacherlady
Grafter

Re: Amazon Videos and subtitles

Well, I met someone when walked dog and in chatting she suggested I went off line and then on line again, so I di and it worked - now have subtitles!  Problem solved.
(For now!)