cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Sign out

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Amazon Sign out

Using Amazon you need to sign in but is there somewhere you can log out of your account.?
There is a drop down list and the last entry reads.........Not you 'username log out'  So that logs you out but is it just badly worded with not you and log out lumped together or is there somewhere else to log out ?
Just out of interest do you need to log out if using a home computer no one else has access too ?
8 REPLIES
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: Amazon Sign out

Cool If you're the only person using that computer, you don't need to logout. Anyway, after a while, your session will timeout - even if you have a keep-me-logged-in cookie on your computer. All that does is just bypass the log in process next time.
As for the sign-out, it's there, you just have to look for it. It's a heresey to say, but IMHO Amazon is a shabby clusterfluk of a website. If Amazon was a real world place, it would be a combination of Romford market, Dagenham car auctions and a Brentwood carboot sale.Newcomers to Amazon often find themselves lost on the site, getting confussed over Prime, ordering the wrong stuff, being screwed with unexpected delivery charges, or they just don't understand how Amazon works and go away.
And why does Amazon never VERIFY credit cards? Maybe it's for Irish tax reasons?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Amazon user guide says click on the "Not you? Sign Out" drop-down dialog.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It does, that's the point I am making. Is it just badly worded ? or am I reading it incorrectly ?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Thunderclap
.Newcomers to Amazon often find themselves lost on the site, getting confussed over Prime, ordering the wrong stuff, being screwed with unexpected delivery charges, or they just don't understand how Amazon works and go away.
And why does Amazon never VERIFY credit cards? Maybe it's for Irish tax reasons?

I often buy from Amazon and can't say I can relate to any of the above Wink
Fixes: 125

There is a site I use, may well be Amazon, that greets me by name from when I was last logged in yet I am not actually logged back in yet. I know this as when I want to place an order/check my account I am asked to log back in.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

EBay does that too.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

It's caused by cookies.

TORPC