cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime

Fixes: 47

Amazon Prime

While looking at Amazon Prime to get info on what is offered I accidentally subscribed to the service.
One button click and I was signed up. There was no "are you sure you wish to continue?"
I immediately went and cancelled it but I have a 30 day free trial now.
I don't want to watch any of the content as I'm concerned that they could take it as I wish to continue.
Looking at what is on offer it's not much different from Netflix to which I have 'access'
I'll keep an eye on my bank account around the end of the trial period.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
13 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Amazon Prime

I've had the Amazon Prime trial several times and never had an issue with the cancellation or being charged.
Then again, I didn't watch any videos either. But if it's a free trial and you have cancelled within the 30 days I can't see why you would get charged for taking advantage of it.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I've got Amazon Prime (another story) and, for me and mine, it can't hold a candle to Netflix!  Sad
Geoff,
York.

Currently my account says:
Membership: Prime  (Free Trial)
Change Membership
You will lose access to your benefits on 9 June 2015, and your card will not be charged.
Continue Membership

@NedLudd I read a comparison report on Amazon Prime v Netflix and Netflix came out top by some margin.
Not just content but membership usage.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I got an invitation card (made to look like a credit card) from Amazon to sign me up to Prime, I just use the card as a spreader for my JB-Weld epoxy... Grin

It's also good for opening doors when you have lost your keys....they tell me. Lips are sealed
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

@Strat
I trialled Amazon Prime in March to get free next day delivery for one item and then cancelled it when the item arrived. Then my account had the message that your account now has. Amazon has not take any money out for the Amazon Prime fee so I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I've been an Amazon Prime member for many years, and I've not taken advantage of the media services at all. Why? To be honest there's nothing there that interests me or that I don't have on DVD / BlueRay already and I'm not a big TV watcher anyway. However, I don't intend to renew this year due to the number of failed 'prime' deliveries and at nearly £80 p.a. that's a lot of stamps and jiffy bags.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I trialled Amazon Prime in March to get free next day delivery for one item and then cancelled it when the item arrived.

I've done that several times.  AFAIK you can join the free trial again after 12 months have expired since your initial trial, but if you need to, it's easy to join again in less than 12 months just by using another card and opening a second Amazon account - you don't necessarily have to buy anything on that account or card, just use the tip below if you get my drift. Wink
Another benefit is that even while you're on the 30 day trial you can invite (4 I think) relatives to benefit alongside you - their free delivery period ends when yours does - although I'm not sure if they get the other services.
Community Veteran

Users added to a prime account only get the benefit of prime delivery (to the same address as the registered prime user). My sons are both members on mine and they can't access the online stuff.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mook
Users added to a prime account only get the benefit of prime delivery (to the same address as the registered prime user).

OK, fair enough.  I actually 'invited' myself when I opened the second account so I could make the intended purchase using my original account.
cajef
Grafter

I have used trials of Amazon Prime several times but always cancelled before they start to charge, twice items I have ordered quite early in the day were not delivered next day which is annoying when you have waited in for them, on querying with Amazon they gave an extra free month of the trial but as I pointed out to them what is the point in carrying on with Prime if the promised next day delivery does not happen.
Community Veteran

@hobo I know exactly what you mean in the last 2 months we've had easily 6 prime orders that did not arrive the next day as promised, really annoying when you need what you ordered the next day. Which is why I have no intention of renewing, it's just become a waste of money.