cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime? Not from what I can see.

Preacherlady
Grafter

Re: Amazon Prime? Not from what I can see.

I ordered something but did not want it next day on Prime so opted for five days and got a £3 credit for kindle, apps etc.
Have only just started my Prime trial so will see what happens with next order.  (Have only joined as bought a Fire Stick and am busy watching Outlander now!)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Don't forget, if you have Amazon Prime and the delivery is late then you are entitled to compensation. You have to ask for it though - they don't apply it automatically.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117450
Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery Fine Print
If your order qualifies for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, your shipping costs can be refunded if we miss our promised delivery time.
The following requirements must be met to qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery:
- Shipping method selected is shipping option advertised on a product detail page.
- Order is shipping to Eligible Address.
- Order is placed before deadline listed on product detail page.
- Shipping preference "Ship my items as they become available" is selected if your order contains other items that aren't eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
- Your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
- An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
- An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
- Note: If you received free shipping through Amazon Prime, you may be eligible for a free one-month extension when the promised delivery date isn't met. Prime Extensions are limited to one per free trial and 12 for an annual membership. Free Amazon Student Memberships do not qualify for this extension.
Worth remembering!! Smiley Smiley Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

Well I did get a reply to the email I sent, see below, but to me it was as if they'd never even read the email, either that or English was not their native language as could be the case based on the voice of the woman I initially spoke to. But my thoughts are that the response is automated and generated based on what key words the bot parses from the message. Needless to say I replied informing them that the couriers had nothing to do with it and provided them with the images I posted earlier. So it will be interesting to see what any response says.
I'm very sorry to learn that you are not receiving parcels on the next day delivery.
It is never our intention to cause inconvenience to our valuable customers like you. Unfortunately, we have fallen short in providing the service you expected from us on this occasion.
I understand that being a prime customer, you are very much eligible to receive high level of service from us. We expect all of our carriers to deliver a high level of reliability, however, and where this has not been reached we will take the appropriate action on the carriers to improve our services.
I'd like to apologise for this and to help make up for the inconvenience, I've extended your Amazon Prime membership by 30 days. You can review your renewal details in the Your Account section of your Amazon.co.uk account. The membership will now renew in Wednesday, 14 December 2016.
I’m afraid that we don’t have the ability to assign certain carriers to a specific customer or address but we’ll continue working with all of our carriers to drive improvements for our customers.
I'm sure this must be very disappointing for you, and can understand the inconvenience this has caused.
We take full responsibility for the delivery of our goods from start to finish and take complaints of this nature very seriously. We’ll replace any items lost or damaged during delivery at no extra charge and monitor our carriers very closely.
I'd request to you, please let us with a order number which you haven't received and we'll be happy to assist you further.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service.
We value your business with us and we are looking forward to serve you more in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon at Amazon.co.uk
Fixes: 217

This week I had a parcel delivered by Amazon Logistics who left it on my front door step as I was out.
When I returned home I checked on Amazon and it was recorded as "left with resident".
I contacted Amazon by email to complain and received a reply almost identical to that posted by Mook above albeit without reference to Amazon Prime as I am not subscribed to it.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 66.0 (64-bit)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
"left with resident"

Couldn't they leave it in a (the usual) "secure place".
The dustbin. Smiley
Fixes: 217

They can't get access to my bins Cool
2 neighbours were available and that's where they usually leave parcels......or chuck them over the garden wall.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 66.0 (64-bit)