cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime? Not from what I can see.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Amazon Prime? Not from what I can see.

If anyone has an Amazon Prime account are you seeing the same thing as I am? When you search for stuff it says you can have it by tomorrow (Sat) but when you then select that item it's then says  :
Want it Monday, 14 Dec.? Order it within 6 hrs 3 mins and choose Express Delivery at checkout. Details Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Or similar of course, I know I'm a grumpy (aging) git, and they'll be busy for the holidays but this kind of defeats the purpose of spending nearly £80 to have a next day service.
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Amazon Prime? Not from what I can see.

I do not have Amazon prime but if they are charging you for a service that offers something it fails to deliver is that not classed as a misleading advert .?
If you order something on the Amazon website that comes from a link with the supplier of goods that may be a get out for them as they may claim it is only goods they supply direct that will come under Amazom prime .
Community Veteran

Well in this instance it was an order to be fulfilled by themselves as you can see in the quote. I've just done more searching and everything I've looked at (although I don't want it) is Monday!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Are you sure that's not just the "standard" blurb on the product header? When you place the order does it then go to a Prime option? That's what it should do but you have to order first so it knows you are eligible.
Community Veteran

Well you can see for yourself.
Step 1 - Is the search
Step 2 - Is the product description
Step 3 - The shopping cart at checkout
Community Veteran

Maybe it's similar to some other "next day services" where the "working day" rears it's ugly head in the small print.
Community Veteran

The fact that you've replied is very weird as according to the page that contains the post with the images it's "waiting for community.plus.net..." and hasn't returned to the Chit Chat forum listing!
Community Veteran

Looks like a database error. Use their online chat (quite good actually) to query it.
Community Veteran

@nozzer Are you referring to Plusnet or Amazon? I've just closed the web page as it still hadn't completed.
Community Veteran

Amazon. 
However, since I last used it (about 2 weeks ago) they have hidden it. I'll continue to look and let you know if I find it. They b*ggers they are for making it difficult.
Community Veteran

Well as noted below, being a bit of a git I went through the contact page and got them to phone me, I was very politely explaining my dismay of the aforementioned when the woman put the phone down on me, and I'm not joking either. Lets just say this annoyed me so using the same page I sent an email off to them and am waiting a reply.
minkey
Grafter

That's funny,
I can still get it tomorrowHuh
Community Veteran

That is very interesting, I wonder if it has anything to do with the closure of the Forth Road Bridge. A lot of my orders are fulfilled from the giant (and I mean giant with 22 inbound lorry bays!) Amazon warehouse in Dunfermline, which is of course on the other side of the Bridge.
Community Veteran

I think they have removed the online help chat, probably because of the time of year. Looks like you have sorted it anyway.
Community Veteran

I ordered something on Monday and only had the option to have it sent by standard delivery. As it happens it arrived today so all is well Smiley