cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Free delivery

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Amazon Free delivery

Amazon clearly state that items must be £10 or over to qualify for free delivery.
The item I wanted was £9.99 but went for the free delivery option anyway (not to be confused with Amazon Prime)
Anyway it went through at that price with free delivery, anyone else used Amazon recently and purchased something for under £10 and got free delivery.
At one time many things were free delivery but I thought this had changed ages ago ?
14 REPLIES
Fixes: 121

Re: Amazon Free delivery

I seem to remember that within the last year I had an order that was a tad under £10 and free delivery wasn't available so I found something that pushed the cost to just over £10 and got them delivered for free.
Can't recall what the items were, though.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Roadie
Grafter

I have ordered from Amazon and had to pay for delivery as item was under £10, have recently ordered several items from third party traders on Amazon and paid no postage for items under £10, depends on the conditions set by the traders.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Roadie,
Guess that explains it.
Thanks
Smiley
Fixes: 101

i use amazon locker, don't pay delivery for that even if it is under £10
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I have had stuff under a tenner delivered free. Last was some springs for my brake shoes, £8 free delivery, no £10 needed. If the item says free delivery then it usually is, if it has over £10 then ... But I haven't ordered any of them ;-)
Community Veteran

there is under £10 options that include prime delivery (I am prime member so never use the super saver), but really small stuff now is addon items only.
incidently I got lucky today, a next day delivery item I ordered yesterday didnt get dispatched till today, so I asked for compensation expecting the usual month extension and they gave me an extra year on my prime.
Fixes: 47

Having had a few items on free delivery 'go missing in the post' in recent times I tend to select a paid for option just now with items of a substantial value, like my recent vacuum cleaner order.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

If you join the Amazon Family, you get 3 months of prime (next day delivery) for free.
Razer
Grafter

I know I'm sick to death of being offered the free trial of prime every time I bloody well order something from Amazon. Wish they'd get it into their heads that I DON'T WANT IT. Anyway, as to this min £10 order, I'm so pissed off about its advent. I remember when they first started offering free delivery on items of £5 value, then moved to no minimum. Was great for a while, but then, so infrequently do I order from Amazon that next I know is this 'Add-ons' malarkey. I hate it.
If they want to save money they need to sort out their refunds properly. I was recently refunded for a faulty item. Having returned the item twice (for which they paid), they finally refunded me with no replacement and gave me more than I paid for it. On contacting them to tell them of their mistake, their rep replied that the supervisor said it is to be considered correct and gave a breakdown (which I'd already seen and was telling them was wrong). I gave up. On an item of about £5, they have effectively sold nothing and given me £5.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Razer
Wish they'd get it into their heads that I DON'T WANT IT.

I took the prime free trial and when I cancelled I got a snotty email saying I may not be offered any other free trials.
Haven't so far.
Excellent win win.

I have had the Prime Free Trial twice so far both with the same email address. Both times only used the once and immediately cancelled.
Wondered if I could get it again some time Undecided

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I actually take advantage of prime membership (7 months of free video's because of the introduction to the account and time left for sub to run out) and started to get totally hacked off a few months back when everything was having postage charges applied despite being listed as "free with prime"
when they fixed that billing error and refunded the money they gave me more than double the amount owed as a sorry for the hassle payment ......

OTOH ive ordered an item being advertised as prime and subsequently received a box of packaging material and then been given a full refund + sent the item ordered which doesn't make sense from a profit perspective .. but from a customer satisfaction POV its excellent service
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: billnotben
I took the prime free trial and when I cancelled I got a snotty email saying I may not be offered any other free trials.
Haven't so far.
Excellent win win.

I'm almost tempted to try. ...

Quote from: Mav
I have had the Prime Free Trial twice so far both with the same email address. Both times only used the once and immediately cancelled.
Wondered if I could get it again some time Undecided

Made a purchase this afternoon and was offered a free month's Prime free trial again Smiley
Made the purchase and immediately cancelled the subscription.
Trouble is I am finding that many items that I would need to buy over the next few weeks are ineligible for Prime so I see it as a waste of money to actually subscribe to.