Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon / Ebay

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Amazon / Ebay

Purchased a item on eBay but it was delivered by Amazon today.

Thought I must have made a mistake but no the item shows it was purchased and paid for on eBay and looking at my Amazon account nothing about any purchase there.

Never come across this before....has anyone else.

6 REPLIES 6
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 51

Re: Amazon / Ebay

I may be wrong, but I think some eBay 'stores' also sell via Amazon and have an arrangement with them to deliver on their behalf.

What delivery options were listed on the item?

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've had a couple of ebay orders from an ebay shop being fulfilled by an amazon warehouse, just a case of the seller using both to sell via, but having their stock held by amazon...

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 51

Thanks @twocvbloke - now you mention it, I recall a friend of mine who does 99% of her shopping online explaining that to me.

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Amazon have been offering fulfilment services for a few years now. You send your goods off to them, they stash them away in their slave labour warehouse and when your customers order from you then they will dispatch it on your behalf taking care of postage, packing etc.

You don't need to use amazon to get one of their deliveries now and worryingly it means that amazon are able to collect data on you (eg name and where you live) without you even using them. Mind you, that seems to be the way of everything these days - before i joined facebook they already knew who i was and who i knew cos people kept uploading their address bookx to it and then i'd get invite emails... Needless to say i never joined up with that email address lol

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Thanks for the replies.

That explains it.

The item in question cost £ 7.50 postage free from ebay

The same item from Amazon cost £ 1 more ....but being under £ 20 would have cost me several pounds more due to post & packing.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@gleneagles Amazon might be convenient but they aren't always the cheapest. Like you I've found the same shops on Ebay selling identical stuff as on Amazon but without the postage hike. Let's face it, even doing a simple search will bring up plenty of other places to buy from. As such, even some of those lesser known suppliers are cheaper than both Amazon and Ebay.

One reason to shop around I suppose.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?