Amazon Delivery via Amazon Logistics

So when should I expect it
Is the carrier walking from Southampton to Dorset - slowly
13 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Re: Amazon Delivery via Amazon Logistics

I've noticed this with a few things I ordered from Amazon recently.
They seem to be delivering things much quicker than the estimate they provide. I chose free 3-5 working day delivery on something I ordered on Christmas day as it wasn't worth paying extra for the guaranteed next day/Sunday delivery and it still turned up on the 27th Grin
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

I bought a new bed throw on the 3rd and it arrived yesterday, but according to Amazon it on it's way, with 55% of the progress taken up!
Fixes: 47

Usually I have found that if it says 'out for delivery' on the site it will be delivered today regardless of the estimated delivery date.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I placed an order late evening on the 5th, estimated delivery was 9th-12th; it arrived midday today, closely followed by Amazon's "out for delivery" email  Shocked
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

My Fairphone 2 arrived on the same day I got the email saying it had been dispatched from The Netherlands.  Very impressed!  I suspect drone delivery! Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

and it just arrived  Grin
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'd be reluctant to order anything fragile via Amazon Logistics. I pulled up behind him as he was rooting around for my parcel;  I am not kidding from the state of the inside you would think he had rolled the van a few times 
valart
Grafter

I ordered a package on the 29th last month I have been emailed on two occasions giving me the estimated day of arrival but never delivered,they sent me a email saying they were sorry I supposed to be getting it tomorrow I will cancel if it does not arrive.
Fixes: 47

They love it when you are standing at the front door when they arrive.
Name check......parcel.......gone.
Don't know what they get paid per drop but they are always in a hurry.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

The Amazon pic looks a very simplified and useless guide to a parcels progress.
A lot like the now integrated Hermes one in eBay.
Where it's far better to go to the actual Hermes site and get a proper detailed progress report.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Strat

The (delightful young lady) who delivered my last Amazon purchase on the same day I ordered it, told me she was scheduled for 80 odd deliveries that day.
I suppose I'm quite lucky, I live within a couple of miles as the crow flies to the (newish) Hemel Hempstead distribution centre.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
SteadVex
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
They love it when you are standing at the front door when they arrive.
Name check......parcel.......gone.

I used to work for dhl, who then got taken over by yodel, who took contracts with amazon...anyways short story, when I left 5 years or so ago, er i'm not sure how long ago actually, was a while ago, amazon drove the prices down to 45p per delivery, and less if no signature was required, or if the parcel had been left as a safe place, hence why lots of safe place parcels got delivered as a signature saying safe place, before the amazon contracts we got a £1 per parcel and a fuel allowance.
other parcels were still a £1 sadly, in the area I delivered in it seemed almost exclusively amazon, after a few weeks of this I had to quit as I couldn't afford to work! the only way I knew people who could afford to keep working were those with families who could get tax credits to bump up the wage, unless you were one of the lucky ones to get 80-100 parcels on your route, but I used to cover large area's consisting of lots of farms with miles and miles between parcels, doesn't matter how you work it out, you can't afford it for those pay rates, I was working well under min wage at the end, shame as I enjoyed the job, there's one guy I still see going around, but he has a crazy busy round and generally works 10+ hours a day.
I can honestly say I loved it when people were waiting at the door!  Grin
idonno
Grafter

Quote from: beeceegee
I'd be reluctant to order anything fragile via Amazon Logistics. I pulled up behind him as he was rooting around for my parcel;  I am not kidding from the state of the inside you would think he had rolled the van a few times   

haha What makes you think any delivery driver is any different? They all get thrown in at the depot. I used to work for a supermarket and the totes were thrown in there too (eggs, bottles etc in them).
One reason they say to wrap it well.