We will deliver today (Sunday)

Failed to deliver will try again tomorrow

How the heck is one supposed to plan for a delivery

Also - since when have Amazon delivered on a Sunday

19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Amazon Deliveries

I had the same thing last Sunday, ordered a lawn mower and checked the free and paid for deliveries and chose the basic with delivery on Tuesday. Just what I wanted then got the email saying they would deliver on Sunday which I didn't want. I gave them the option of putting it in the greenhouse and it was there when we got back from church.
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Fixes: 125

Don't think I have had any major issues with Amazon and their delivery.

Last Tuesday I rang them to say that a Boombar I bought in March for £20 was deemed faulty after several email conversations with KitSound as it simply would not connect to any Bluetooth device.

Amazon immediately ordered a replacement to be sent out which arrived the next afternoon by DPD and emailed a link to a returns label.

Great service.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Amazon have delivered on Sunday for over 12 months near me

Community Veteran

The best thing about Amazon is the cakes.

The student girls next door regularly get Amazon deliveries. As they are never in during the day the parcels often end up with me. The girls occasional cake selection thank you is appreciated.

Inconvenient delivery times are fine with me.

Community Veteran

They are miles better than Hermes, I had a delivery on their tracker scheduled for Thursday afternoon and Friday morning it was still out for delivery on Thursday. I was in anyway but it could have been a disaster if I had relied on their info to change my activities. It arrived late morning Friday with no warning.
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I got a Sunday morning delivery, pretty sure it was Amazon but I didn't take a close look.

Wondered why I had got one since I hadn't ordered anything, turned out it was my next door neighbour and they wanted me to keep it from them.

No problem, he knocked on my door an hour later and said "Well they didn't try too hard, we weren't out" and I handed it to him.

Must admit I was surprised to get a Sunday delivery, and for something I hadn't ordered.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Could be a problem if you were a vicar and they needed a signature for the goods.

Wink

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Not really, God would have provided!  Angel

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

Never really had a problem with Amazon they seem to run like a well oiled machine, but then they have a huge depot in Swansea which is not a million miles from me. Fortunately, we have a small enclosed porch so we leave instructions for any packages to be left there is we are not at home.

Sat navs of course have made deliveries much more efficient. Before those things being a multi-drop driver must have been a nightmare of a job especially for new employees. Is it any better now or are they like Amazon's staff, still underpaid and overworked?  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Sat navs of course have made deliveries much more efficient.

Unless they're in the hands of idiots who can't read postcodes and go to a same-named street in another town and "lose" your item having delivered it to the wrong address...

Minivanman
Hero

Ain't that the truth, but as it says in Murphy's law, 'nothing is foolproof as fools are so ingenious'

PS. If your name is Murphy, this is also known as Dummpkopf's Law  Wink

I heard of one guy travelling in France to catch his ferry who put Boulogne into his satnav..... only to finish up down the south west. Should have put Boulogne sur Mer in of course. Do'h! - but then there was my younger brother in pre satnav days travelling on the M4 towards Croydon in South London not long after after the M25 was opened - and instead of going off to the right, he went off to the left.

M4 to Croydon via Dartford, I've never let the poor guy live it down but then as they say, the man that never made a mistake never made anything.

Beep beep! Smiley

Community Veteran

I've had a number of delivery drivers confused by their satnavs, mostly citylink (thank goodness they went under!!), but even Asda deliveries too, as the software some satnavs use gets postcodes and streetnames and towns and villages mixed up, some of the delivery drivers have had the courtesy to call and ask where I am and they describe where they are (which is usually the same wrong address!!) and tell them to ignore their satnav cos they're in the wrong village, but other drivers (citylink especially, back when they were the nation's No.1 courier for screwing up), they'd just deliver to the wrong address, or the neighbour of the wrong address, drop a card and say "Successful delivery", and when I point out to them I was in all day and never saw anyone approach my door on my camera over said door, they just declared it as lost...

About two years ago, citylink "lost" a set of 7Ah UPS batteries I'd ordered, I got a replacement sent out by the seller, but citylink denied all responsibility of losing them, couple months later, I bought a Pioneer turntable, it got citylinked too, but having become wise to their tricks, I learned of where they dropped it off and told them to go get it, a week of repeated "Where's my item?" calls to them (with them mostly lying to me with the "Oh yeah, we picked it up and it's sat here next to me" line of BS), a driver on a friday evening went over there, picked up the turntable, and delivered it to me, and, even had the "lost" batteries with him too, and he'd only just picked them up that evening (hence the lies told to me on the phone), all this because of too much reliance on GPS and "The GPS said to go here, it must be right" mindset...... Roll eyes

Sadly some of them citylink drivers went over to work for yodel.................................

Fixes: 47

I've had quite a few Amazon Logistics deliveries on a Sunday.

After placing an order I always make a point of checking the status of my order every morning because I never know when they are delivering until it says 'Out for Delivery'.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

All the Amazon Sunday deliveries I've received (the first of which was 2 years ago) have been performed by DPD who always provide an email with accurate delivery time information.

I placed an order with Amazon late Tuesday evening for a 19" data cabinet and received an email timed at 01:42 this morning advising the item would be, quote:  Arriving:Wednesday, October 12

It arrived today (6th) at just after 11:00  Roll eyes