cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Dash Button

Fixes: 47

Amazon Dash Button

Has anyone used this Amazon Dash Button service yet.

It strikes me as a somewhat curious service considering the potentially large variety of different items people buy on a weekly/monthly basis.

With kiddies' curious little fingers around, these devices are best not stuck to the front of the washing machine as in the advert.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Amazon Dash Button

I saw it advertised on the banner on the site a while back so went to find out more, then I thought how stupid and wasteful it was. I mean is anyone 'that' lazy, I know I'm a bit of a sloth but really.

Also, your cat could end up ordering you teabag or detergent so a bit silly if you ask me.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I saw this whacky idea years ago and quite frankly i found myself thinking it was stupid back then. So you press a simple button to reorder something... and what happens if your weekly shop has around 60 things in it? - You really want 60 odd buttons?

Lets suppose they have a 7up button. How does it know I want a bottle or can? Even if I have a preset choice, thats not very convenient if i want a different option for once. What about security? We're always being reminded of how important that is online these days... but apparently a guest can just come into your home and order you several hundred quids worth of stuff without so much as a password.

Nice idea in fairy tale land but in reality it's going to be a pain. I'll avoid this one.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

My 18 month old sons love of buttons on the washing machine would be a problem for me. Nice idea but would definatetly need some kind of confirmation via mobile or something like that.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yep, like you i got my 17 month old boy too.. and just like yours, he loves buttons. OMG he won't leave the canon printer alone... or the TV power button...  We had to tape shut the paper inlet tray on the printer cos he kept getting violent with it...

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3