cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Amazing!!

Much as I've enjoyed the Olympic TV coverage (when I've had the chance to watch it!) I'm amazed at the amazing number of times the verb/adjective amaze(d, ing, ly) is amazingly used by an amazing number of amazed interviewers and amazing participants, every other amazing word seems to be a derivative of amaze, indeed in one amazing interview of no more than a minute or so, it was used an amazing 18 times.
Most reality shows of one sort or another that involve interviews; cookery, property, Strictly come Dancing etc. and that type of show, the word(s) is/are used indiscriminately to the point of tedium. The arch exponent of this practice, must be Tess Daley on the Lottery show, in one notable interview she used it 3 times in a single sentence, but it would be worth a number count, as its used heavily during the entire show.
Can't somebody come up with a new word...please?
Amazing.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
12 REPLIES
dennisb66
Grafter

Re: Amazing!!

AWSOME  Grin
Community Veteran

bemusing.... Crazy
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Holey Moley (Diving)

Community Veteran

That's amazing Grin Grin
greyposter
Grafter

Stupendous or impassable.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you know what I mean Grin Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: pierre_pierre

you know what I mean

The only thing worse than continuous Amaze(d, ing, ly) is "know what I mean" serial users should be given a dictionary to read (not much of a story, but they explain the words so well  Roll eyes the old one's are the best)
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: dennisb66
AWSOME  Grin

Now there's an Americanism that's taken over the world.  Derived of course from the English word "awful"  meaning "full of awe" Wink
John
Fixes: 47

Absolutely......average Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

[me=Be3G]points out that the generally accepted spelling of 'awesome' includes an 'e'.[/me]
Jolly spiffing, don't you think.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: petlew
Quote from: pierre_pierre

you know what I mean

The only thing worse than continuous Amaze(d, ing, ly) is "know what I mean" serial users should be given a dictionary to read (not much of a story, but they explain the words so well  Roll eyes the old one's are the best)

Just met some lazy people, "Yu No", they cant produce a complete sentance "Yu No", perhaps we should give them a copy of War and Peace "Y No"
hadden
Grafter

So so.
or is that an example of one of those sentences that annoyingly have "so..." tacked on the end?