cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amanda Knox

David_W
Rising Star

Amanda Knox

I'm really surprised to not see a post on this trial here!  Her and that bloke have both been found guilty and will serve 49 years between them (I wonder if 25 years in Italy actually means 25 years, or 8 years + good behaviour?).
In this you have 3 camps.  The "Pro-Amanda" camp who try to portray her as a clean cut all American girl (think she shot herself in the foot there with her lifestyle).  The "Pro-Justice" who believe Knox to be guilty, and finally the people who are unsure either way (I have to admit, I'm part of the latter).
The Americans are saying all the evidence shouldn't be allowed in court, that Amanda couldn't have done it, the police beat her with sticks and stuff until she agreed with them and pointed a finger at an innocent man, all the PR in America is how Amanda is innocent.
Meredith's family are being quietly dignant, these people have lost a loved family member and are not shouting to the world about it nor firing up a "Justice for Meredith" campaign (unlike Justice for Amanda campaigns).
So what do you think, was justice served?  Are 3 people in jail who deserve to be in jail because of the crimes they committed?  Was there a huge miscarriage of justice with 2 innocent people now looking at spending the majority of their life in prison (which if the case had been in America, would have been the rest of their pretty short life).
I haven't looked at all the evidence, and I tend not to believe the tabloid press in anything it says but there is something about the Knox girl sitting in court as if she didn't have a care in the world, only showing any emotion when the sentence was passed down, denial from her friends and family, a huge PR campaign to discredit the Italian legal system when the American system doesn't even have the basic things like "natural justice" and are trying a man for murder for the 8th time or something.  I don't know, it'll go to appeal now and the appeal judges will look at the evidence, I wonder if the appeal courts uphold the decision, will the Knox's ask for her sentence to be carried out in the US.... probably not.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Amanda Knox

without the trial transcript, the police reports and the forensic reports, it's impossible to come to any conclusion.
David_W
Rising Star

I did read about the trial transcripts from the murder scene being translated, along with computer simulations of how the attacks happened, the people that translated it were pretty upset by all accounts.  From what I also read, the Italians do put all the information from the case up on the internet for the public to view?  Personally, I'm too much of a chicken to go and read about how someone was killed, it doesn't sound like the sort of thing I'd want to read.
nadger
Rising Star

I was listening to an American lady journalist, who'd been present for whole of trial, and she said trial had been conducted fairly and that verdict was correct based on evidence presented.
What she also said was that she doubted that a conviction would have been obtained in either USA or UK as the standard of evidence gathering was well below the standard that we require.
Rather double edged comments.
Obviously sentences will be appealed so story will drag on and not allow Kischer family to get on with their lives.