Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I turning into a Conservative?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Am I turning into a Conservative?

From a lifetime of supporting Labour through thick, thin and Neil Kinnock, after watching Theresa May perform am I turning into a Conservative? This lady has balls and no mistake. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36844335

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Am I turning into a Conservative?

Nope, you're just losing faith in the name of a party that is no longer what it originally stood for, the labour classes, something my great great grandfather was a part of setting up and would probably be disgusted to see what it has become today...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Unfortunately Labour people who voted for Namby pamby Corbyn Crazy2 

A set of tree huggers who have no idea about real life , Have Borked labour again no way will corbyn ever win a general election

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps the real question is, will there be a Labour party left to win an election ?

Minivanman
Hero

Indeed, and how true is that? Sad times for a once noble Party that's for sure.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

After Brexit and the return of sovereignty to the mother of parliaments it worries me that we don't have a functioning opposition to hold the government to account. It's Corbyn's duty to represent Labour's voters in debates not follow his own pet causes. By ignoring the PLP he's giving the finger to all the labour voters from the last election. What a shambles. 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero

What is he not representing, apart from the will of those Blairite backstabbers? I'm confused.

Community Veteran

So you don't believe Labour MPs are closer to their constituents than the Islington set?
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36844335

A very impressive initial performance. She certainly hit the ground running. I hope she carries on in the same way Smiley Smiley

Community Veteran

Still confused then - duplicate post Funny

To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero

Touch screen tablet Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Chisel & Slate tablets are more annoying when it comes to typos and duplicate posts... Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

rongtw wrote:

Unfortunately Labour people who voted for Namby pamby Corbyn Crazy2 

A set of tree huggers who have no idea about real life , Have Borked labour again no way will corbyn ever win a general election

No way would John Major become prime minister... he did.

No way england could vote leave said the polls... england voted leave

No way Scotland was going to stay part of the UK... it stayed...

You can't say anything about politics with certainty these days. Corbyn is liked by a lot of people even though his own party is trying to remove him so they can carry on courting the celebrity lifestyle. He's old skool and while I agree that he is a bit on the tree hugging side he also has some qualities that the rest of the mob would need scientific advisors to help them understand.

Quite frankly, he's a change from the rest of the shifty MPs in all the parties.

The last what I would call honest prime minister we had was john major. He sent peace keeping troops to warzones (instead of going to war like Blair did), the RAF would drop supplies to those suffering famine etc etc. Then Blair came in determined to live the celebrity lifestyle, spend money he didn't have to keep the public semi sweet and then handed over to a moron who had no idea about anything other than numbers... allegedly. Cameron came in to replace him promising to rescue the country and all he did was cause even more harm.

So really, Corbyn seems to me to be going back to the major years where MPs tried to do a semi decent honest job (even if they still screwed it up) where they were not obsessed with image.

And no, I'm not a labour supporter (I don't vote at all) so don't anyone accuse me of being biased.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Back on subject, yes May is head and shoulders above any of the other party leaders Thumbs Up

To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Fixes: 124

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Duplicate post removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still