cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I turning into Victor Meldew?

Highlighted
Fixes: 394

Am I turning into Victor Meldew?

I don't complain at everything but I do make a point when I feel it necessary as I have reported over my recent issues with my bank, etc.
I had reason to write to complain to EE the week before last as I wasn't happy with the support I received on the phone over their data usage info not working for the last 4 months or so. I just took a call from them where I received an apology for the poor support plus, as a gesture of good will, they are upgrading me to then next package which includes 5GB data as opposed to the 2GB I am currently getting. This I will keep till the end of my contract in Dec 2015 Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Am I turning into Victor Meldew?

That's a good result, Mav. I don't complain a lot but when I do I make sure of my facts and go to the top with my complaint. Normally I get a satisfactory outcome.
Highlighted

Yep, that's how I work.
Ironically, having just looked at my EE account I can not only see the upgrade to 5GB data allowance but the Data Allowance graph is working again Roll_eyes

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: Mav

<snip>
Data Allowance graph is working again Roll_eyes

Perhaps PN should head-hunt the person / team that fixed the issue(s)  Lips_are_sealed
As whether or not you may be turning into Victor Meldrew
I don't believe it
Highlighted

I think I'll stick to my Victor Meldew mode as I had contacted Barclays again in July asking why I can't access my mother's statements from their iCloud service and complained to First:utility regarding their long wait times, messing my billing and conflicting advice given by their agents.
I have just received £125 and £45 respectively for my troubles Smiley

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Wow!!! You are doing well, you'll soon be arranging a Masterclass is Customer Service complaints.
I had a victory with Lloyds Bank recently. They provide me with free travel insurance. It was limited to 30 days per trip and this was not satisfactory to me as I normally go away for times up to 35 days. Anyway, I wrote to their chairman and the bank has now increased length of stay to 45 days per trip which is ideal. Prior to this they were asking me to pay a surcharge of around £60 per annum so I'm pleased with the saving.
It's always sensible to complain if you think something is wrong.
Highlighted

I had a similar issue with Barclays' travel insurance that was limited to 30 days and SWMBO was going for 31 and I for around 2 weeks. With commitments she had my wife couldn't reduce to less than 31 days Sad
Barclays wanted over £90 for the extra day for SWMBO 😮
In the end I bought separate cover for her at less than £20 and I went out two weeks later under Barclays cover.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Mav like you I'm a victor too. If I get bad service from somewhere I will tell them so.
From gestures of good will from the utility companies to banks if they do me wrong I grumble!
I think my most laughable complaint was to a well known biscuit maker. Bought a packet of their chunky chocolate biscuits, got them home only to find two of them had cracked chocolate which naturally ruined my pleasure of their products  Cry So.. I grumbled! Would you believe that they sent me £3 of vouchers for it? - And that following week the local supermarket had an offer on - £1 per pack (reduced from £1.75) so I got three packs!!!  Cheesy
Best one so far was £60 from my bank for falsely advising me to open the wrong type of account with them that didn't meet my needs. I have stuck with them however I wasn't terribly happy with them for it!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted

So far this year I have received ex-gratis and goodwill payments totalling £420.
Add to that over £100 in cash-backs (more yet to come), not a bad result Wink