cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I turning into Victor Meldew?

Fixes: 125

Am I turning into Victor Meldew?

I don't complain at everything but I do make a point when I feel it necessary as I have reported over my recent issues with my bank, etc.
I had reason to write to complain to EE the week before last as I wasn't happy with the support I received on the phone over their data usage info not working for the last 4 months or so. I just took a call from them where I received an apology for the poor support plus, as a gesture of good will, they are upgrading me to then next package which includes 5GB data as opposed to the 2GB I am currently getting. This I will keep till the end of my contract in Dec 2015 Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Am I turning into Victor Meldew?

That's a good result, Mav. I don't complain a lot but when I do I make sure of my facts and go to the top with my complaint. Normally I get a satisfactory outcome.

Yep, that's how I work.
Ironically, having just looked at my EE account I can not only see the upgrade to 5GB data allowance but the Data Allowance graph is working again Roll eyes

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Mav

<snip>
Data Allowance graph is working again Roll eyes

Perhaps PN should head-hunt the person / team that fixed the issue(s)  Lips are sealed
As whether or not you may be turning into Victor Meldrew
I don't believe it

I think I'll stick to my Victor Meldew mode as I had contacted Barclays again in July asking why I can't access my mother's statements from their iCloud service and complained to First:utility regarding their long wait times, messing my billing and conflicting advice given by their agents.
I have just received £125 and £45 respectively for my troubles Smiley

Community Veteran

Wow!!! You are doing well, you'll soon be arranging a Masterclass is Customer Service complaints.
I had a victory with Lloyds Bank recently. They provide me with free travel insurance. It was limited to 30 days per trip and this was not satisfactory to me as I normally go away for times up to 35 days. Anyway, I wrote to their chairman and the bank has now increased length of stay to 45 days per trip which is ideal. Prior to this they were asking me to pay a surcharge of around £60 per annum so I'm pleased with the saving.
It's always sensible to complain if you think something is wrong.

I had a similar issue with Barclays' travel insurance that was limited to 30 days and SWMBO was going for 31 and I for around 2 weeks. With commitments she had my wife couldn't reduce to less than 31 days Sad
Barclays wanted over £90 for the extra day for SWMBO :O
In the end I bought separate cover for her at less than £20 and I went out two weeks later under Barclays cover.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

@Mav like you I'm a victor too. If I get bad service from somewhere I will tell them so.
From gestures of good will from the utility companies to banks if they do me wrong I grumble!
I think my most laughable complaint was to a well known biscuit maker. Bought a packet of their chunky chocolate biscuits, got them home only to find two of them had cracked chocolate which naturally ruined my pleasure of their products  Cry So.. I grumbled! Would you believe that they sent me £3 of vouchers for it? - And that following week the local supermarket had an offer on - £1 per pack (reduced from £1.75) so I got three packs!!!  Cheesy
Best one so far was £60 from my bank for falsely advising me to open the wrong type of account with them that didn't meet my needs. I have stuck with them however I wasn't terribly happy with them for it!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!

So far this year I have received ex-gratis and goodwill payments totalling £420.
Add to that over £100 in cash-backs (more yet to come), not a bad result Wink