cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alzheimers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Alzheimers

This is an interesting one because Michael J Fox (You know, Marty McFly from BTTF) contracted it in his younger years... and was one of a group all at the same studios who contracted it at the same time. Back then it sparked an investigation but nothing came of it.. but that has obviously not killed the theory that it can be caught.
So now we're facing this question again. My personal view is that you probably can. If its a disease then no matter whether its a virus, DNA or a gene, if it manages to slip from one body to another it may well have an impact on the new host. But I reckon the risk is probably a lot lower - eg one of those rare incidences whenever it does happen.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Alzheimers

I remember a neighbour fading away with multiple sclerosis and her partner saying it seemed to first appear when her ex husband threw her down the stairs.
I do wonder if certain brain/nerve problems could appear in any of us and that it only takes a particular injury or shock to the system to allow it to start and take hold.
Community Veteran

Michael J Fox has parkinsonism.  his wits are intact.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Whoops!
Well they both have complicated names Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!