cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always sad to see a car go.

Community Veteran

Always sad to see a car go.

My 98 Seat Ibiza was too far gone for MOT this year so I bought a replacemant last week. The Ibiza is still driving well so I have sold it to a friend for £75 for racing in a field on the condition that I get first go. I am always quite emotional to see cars go and I was driving that one for 5 years, I loved it  Sad
2 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Always sad to see a car go.

You must be getting old Sean - it's usually us 'senior' folk who get too attached to our old things.
Have had quite a few cars in the past and never been too bothered about seeing them go but perhaps that's just me - cars have never interested me too much.
Current one is not going anywhere despite being almost 4 years old as we have spent too much money on it having an LPG conversion.
Doubtless you'll enjoy the new vehicle, which will be much better for your business.
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Always sad to see a car go.

Quote from: Sean
The Ibiza is still driving well so I have sold it to a friend for £75 for racing in a field on the condition that I get first go.

That's the spirit. At least let it have some fun in its old age.
I have only ever bought one car. That was in 1993. It is a Series 2A Land Rover made in 1971, and despite the best efforts of corrosion, the odd careless driver, and some hard use at times it has always been repairable.