cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All these spare gigabytes

N/A

All these spare gigabytes

Here I am with 10 gigabytes-worth of broadband and don't know what to do with them.
Not keen on watching telly (tend to record things if I want to view).
Not a gamer. Like to do general browsing so it's good when folk post links on here. Maybe we should be like Kitz and have an interesting websites section?
Will be able to listen again to some Radio 4 programmes so that's good.
What would you do with spare gigabytes?
16 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: All these spare gigabytes

Ask PN if you can give them to me  Wink  Cheesy
Will Moderate For Thanks
James
Grafter

No.

booo  Cry
only one thing for it then...
Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

I think PN should let us auction them for charity Poppy!  cos I will have some spare soon too! Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Bit of a switch from the usual "I've exceeded my allowance, why is that" kind of post Grin

very true and quite refreshing  Smiley
poppy - you could now download every linux distro to play with  Wink
and set up dog cam's with jmdlp...
Will Moderate For Thanks
N/A

Good suggestion but when you get to our age the last thing you want to do is appear on camera, and the dogs would no doubt be yapping at each other!
Have been playing about on You Tube because my niece wants to know how to download videos from it.
That will use up a bit I suppose. BTW YT suggests that you use save2pc download to enable saving of videos. Are there any other methods?
techguy
Grafter

YT is a fantastic way to relieve yourself of excess bandwidth  Smiley
The latest version of Realplayer has an option to display a download this video button but only snag is you have to view it in Realplayer but as videos are in flash  there isn't much choice anyway)
I think there should be a bandwidth transfer scheme so you can pass your unneeded bandwidth over to a fellow customer as it does seem a shame to have paid for bandwidth going to waste.
I have been making use of iPlayer, YT and Spotify so my bandwidth use is ticking up but I generally use a max of 5GB in a month and so on the ISP I use I get 3 GB inclusive and set a cap of 6 GB at which time I am directed to a page to up my allowance or buy some more which can be rolled over to the next month.

N/A

Just an update - am making good use of all the spare gigabytes - podcasts on Radio 4, YouTube and now Spotify.
This BB Value is wonderful - no checking usage and am enjoying the freedom. And to think I didn't know what to do with them!
Smiley
techguy
Grafter

Ah yes, I too have discovered the audiovisual delights of the web.
Podacasts, iPlayer and Digitally Imported with a dash of Youtube  Smiley
Community Veteran

If you want use your bandwidth browsing have a look at Stumbleupon
Careful though, it can become addictive
techguy
Grafter

Ah yeah colleague has the toolbar installed at work and looks at all sorts of  stuff
I remember there also being a site that when you clicked the button it would send you to a random site, I think if you google you'll find it.

Stewie
Grafter

If you like crazy patterns you could download 78Mbytes of fractal zoom twister   Cheesy (reasonable resolution).
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnqwjcmzmwk
best check the small(er) preview(s) first http://www.seabrooks.plus.com
N/A

An interesting idea - checked the previews and I strongly suspect that it would hastily bring on a migraine!
For the moment I am thoroughly enjoying Spotify (thanks to this forum) - currently listening to Mantovani and Andy Williams.
It's wonderful having all this music within the reach of a mouse click. Have a set of earphones and the sound is quite good.
Wouldn't have known of it but for this forum so I am so glad that I keep an eye on the threads.
It's not playing too much havoc within my 10GB allowance either.
Smiley