Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All guns blazing

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

All guns blazing

Well if John Sopel, BBC North America editor is to be believed - and why not, then it's going to all guns blazing any time soon from what is being said here, but what troubles me is Trumps suggestion that "coalition forces" are to be involved. Syria is not Iraq and it is not Libya as neither were 'failed States' before the US with our disgraceful help bombed the poop out of them - the country is already a hornets nest shambles and the US has more than enough fire power to do what needs to be done without our help, without our boys 'boots on the ground', and without more body bags being flown home to be received by widows and orphans.

Lets stay out, and lets keep out. Crazy2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39522312

PS. Blimey O'Reilly, it's actually started!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/apr/07/us-syria-response-donald-trump-assad-pentagon-liv...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
47 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: All guns blazing

Minivanman wrote:

Lets stay out, and lets keep out. Crazy2 

I disagree.

There are innocent children, babies, women and men being slaughtered for no reason other than they exist and live there. They need protection, not death from Hitler the second.

Assad is not a nice man. He is the reincarnation of Hitler. He's quite happy to go around killing people to satisfy his thirst for blood and power. He has killed far too many people already and needs dealing with. Its unfortunate that Russia is already involved in this but thats what happens when you stand by and do nothing. If the west had intervened quicker, Russia would not have such a stronghold.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

'No child of God should ever suffer such horror': US military fires 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles on Trump's orders at Homs airfield where Syrian dictator Assad launched chemical attack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4388834/America-launches-airstrikes-Syria.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39523654

http://news.sky.com/story/united-states-launches-missile-strikes-on-syria-10827993

And of course all over BBC & SKY News

Minivanman
Hero

@7up

So what do you think Britain should do?

Fine to disagree, but disagree about what exactly. All you are offering us here are platitudes - like those are going to ever solve anything. 

So I ask again, what do you think Britain should do. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

The UK government called the US strike "an appropriate response to the barbaric chemical weapons attack".

Bashar al-Assad  should be removed for too long he has gotten away with too many inhumane killings

problem is there is no one person who could bring party's together  Sunni and Shia have always fought each other and will continue to do so

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Hero

Appropriate agreed, but likely to have been a complete waste of time given that Russia had been given advanced warning of the missile strike and who, as sure as eggs is eggs, would have told Syria.... who would have moved those eggs. We might just as well have told Marshal Pétain that the RAF were going to secretly bomb Berlin!

The attack is all theatre for public consumption sorry to say.

Community Veteran

Of course the "easiest" way of dealing with problems like this is shunned.

Western powers see assassination of heads of state as not acceptable / allowed.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Right action but wrong target.

They should make it clear to Assad and his generals that they will be the number one target in the event of any gas or similar attacks on innocent people. If for any reason they fail to kill him he will, along with his generals and other top officials be put on trial for war crimes.

As for our involvement, well we should never have got involved in the first place, if we had left Saddam & Gadaffi alone we would not be in the mess we are in now, more innocent lives have been lost because of our involvement.

Having said that we cannot turn away from the mess we caused and should take action along the lines stated above.

St3
All Star

Which ever way you look at it, doing nothing might make matters worse and acting on it might make matters worse... either way i agree with what trump did.

Atleast now the world knows that trump has got balls Wink

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Trumpalumpa has stirred up a hornets nest , watch out more to come !

St3
All Star

Maybe a hornets nest is needed to be stirred up....... nato have let this go on for too long.

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

French President Francois Hollande says the US response is what France asked for in 2013 after previous chemical attack in Syria.

and

Russia demands emergency UN Security Council meeting on US airstrikes in Syria

"We call upon the UN Security Council to hold an extraordinary meeting to discuss the situation," the foreign ministry in Moscow says in a statement, calling the strike a "gross... violation of international law.

"This is not the first time the United States has resorted to such a thoughtless step, which merely exacerbates existing problems and threatens global security."

Assad bears 'sole responsibility' for US strike - Merkel and Hollande

In a joint statement, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande say: "After the chemical weapons massacre of 4 April on Khan Sheikhun in northwestern Syria, a military installation of the Syrian regime was destroyed by a US air strike last night.

"President Assad bears sole responsibility for this development."

http://news.sky.com/story/live-uk-govt-backs-trump-airstrikes-in-syria-10828045

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

'Trump invited China’s leader to his home, then bombed one of his allies during dinner'

https://qz.com/952655/donald-trump-invited-chinas-leader-xi-jinping-to-his-home-then-bombed-syria-a-...
St3
All Star

Live: Kremlin - Strikes 'damage US-Russia ties

What ties ? they hate each other lol

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Minivanman
Hero

Well that is a puzzle as it looks to me that Trump is keeping the red flag flying Wink

Again, it's all theatre as those two guys are ideologically closer than any I can remember. Different interests sure, but different politics?  Well not really.

55d5d08f5887e579db94d8.09623703_scotchtape.jpg