cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alister Campbell Breaks Down on TV

Community Veteran

Alister Campbell Breaks Down on TV

Alister Campbell broke down on Andrew Marr's show on BBC1 this morning.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8502730.stm
Apparently Brown is going to cry when he is interviewed by the incisive interrogator Piers Morgan on TV shortly.  Is this a new political move to gain sympathy Wink
29 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Alister Campbell Breaks Down on TV

Perhaps it is a call for sympathy,or perhaps its the new thing to do when they get put on the spot,either way they get no sympathy from me,it comes with there job and if now things are getting too much for them then they should consider a career change.
Although im not sure lies and deciet and corruptiveness would look great on there curriculum vitae Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I find it difficult to believe that Campbell cried at birth let alone genuinely emotionally during a TV interview.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Thatcher - the 'iron lady' cried when she was thrown out of and left 10 Downing Street
Community Veteran

is this the new way of avoiding answering tricky questions?
Fixes: 104

when I read 'broke down' I was hoping they'd carted him off to the funny farm....
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

hasn't he been there before Wink
Community Veteran

Did AC really just say on  Radio 2 that the responses that he, Blair and Brown get on the iraq war are 7 to 1 in favour of what they did ?
That's rather surprising !. I wonder if they will get it audited by an independent body !
Community Veteran

Maybe they'll set up an inquiry to look into it Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Tonight it's Brown's turn to cry on TV Roll eyes  Judging by the excerpts already shown from the programme we'll need our sickbags at the ready Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you had one of your children die young yet, it is your attitude that makes me need a sick bag
Community Veteran

I agree Pierre - men are allowed to show emotion, and even people in public office, they are human, and it is just very poor taste to sneer at them, it says more about the person sneering I'm afraid.
Margaret Thatcher was in tears leaving Downing Street and she was the iron Lady, but I saw nothing wrong in it.
I had some bad news this week, and I don't mind admitting I was rather emotional, if not having tears streaming down my face.
Community Veteran

I agree.  There's a big difference, between getting emotional remembering the death of a loved one, and crying like a baby, because you were caught out.
John
Community Veteran

I wasn't commenting on Brown losing a child which is very sad for anyone.  What annoys me is that he has constantly refused to divulge any personal details of himself over many years but now in an attempt to make himself look less wooden and to try and appear human he is told to show emotion.  I wonder if it has anything to do with an upcoming event Undecided
Steve
Pro

I did not think for one minute thats what you meant artmo,everyone on these forums seems sensible enough apart from new folks that is Wink
Mal0z whatever your sad news was please try to keep your chin up!!Dont like seeing fellow members sad
As for brown,blair,j.major,thatcher,clinton,and the whole god damn mutley crew theres one thing i think we can all agree on,they dont pull the wool over our eyes,they are all as bad as each other,and there in it for the money and luxuries,they all screw up this country and im afraid to say unless they vote for me!!things are set to get worse Cry