Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alex Salmond Resigns

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Alex Salmond Resigns

Smiley
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Alex Salmond Resigns

You didn't vote for me so I'm gonna sulk.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Steve
Pro

Has he really? What a wimp!!
Community Veteran

In all seriousness he had to go.  Had it been a Yes vote then there would have been demands for Cameron to resign.  The wicked witch who is his deputy should go as well.
Interesting question, who will negotiate on Scotland's behalf? Surely not Brown! That would be a joke.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think he realised with his lack of interest in detail and his shouty negotiating style he was not the guy to negotiate constitutional change
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

There should be an enquiry into the thugs that supported him during the campaign.
nanotm
Pro

there probably would of been an inquiry into the matter if the country had voted yes, now however it looks far more likely they wont bother as really he cant be held accountable for the actions of a few supporters when he was miles away at another event so it would just be a big finger pointing exercise and eventually after wasting a few hundred million of tax money have a no fault found result, ....

far better he is allowed to disappear with dignity from politics and concentrate on real issues like how things will be run going forwards and how in reality removing centralised aid will work, how tax responsibilities will work and what the hell there going to do that will be different and yet still not disadvantage the Scottish people compared to the rest of the union
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: nanotm
there probably would of been an inquiry into the matter if the country had voted yes,

What.. because the electorate dared to speak out?
Are you serious?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

He's only resigned as First Minister and leader of the SNP.
There's always the other stuff like......err......the other stuff.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: 7up
What.. because the electorate dared to speak out?
Are you serious?

because any indication that threats and or violence as a form of intimidation had been used and influenced the vote would of had to have been investigated in order to determine that the result was truly reflective of peoples intentions, certainly pressure would of been brought to bear through various political agencies from around the world more so if it appeared the UK who has been so vociferous in decrying shoddy practices in other countries around the world was condoning such actions in our own boarders.....
but no not because a bunch of people banded together and used proper democratic process, there would of been an inquiry about who was to blame for letting things get that bad but that would similarly have been a big waste of money and resulted in nothing more than a lessons learned letter being issued ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Steve
Pro

Quote from: artmo
There should be an enquiry into the thugs that supported him during the campaign.
Police in Glasgow struggled on Friday night to control a mass pro-Union rally after hundreds of demonstrators chanting "Rule Britannia" marched through the city centre in celebration of Scotland rejecting independence.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scottish-referendum-unionists-and-independence-suppor...
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Here too..
Och Aye the NO
Quote from: PlusComUK
Alex Salmond is to step down as first minister of Scotland after voters decisively rejected independence.

Statement includes:
I believe that in this new exciting situation, redolent with possibility, party, parliament and country would benefit from new leadership.
Therefore I have told the National Secretary of the SNP that I will not accept nomination to be a candidate for leader at the Annual Conference in Perth on 13th-15th November.
After the membership ballot I will stand down as First Minister to allow the new leader to be elected by due Parliamentary process.
Until then I will continue to serve as First Minister. After that I will continue to offer to serve as Member of the Scottish Parliament for Aberdeenshire East.