cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins Dies

Community Veteran

Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins Dies

Snooker star Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins has died.  He was 61 and had been suffering with throat cancer.
'Hurricane'
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins Dies

I am not a snooker fan these days but I remember seeing his 1982 win on television and it was riveting.
He was so charismatic and interesting to watch.  I also saw him play an exhibition match with Ray Reardon at a local
venue. 
He has had a very bad time of it in recent years so maybe it is a welcome release, although very sad.
Community Veteran

He was very much responsible for making snooker a popular TV sport.  I'm not really a snooker fan either but always enjoyed watching him play and also remember some good interviews he gave, particularly one with Parkinson.

Just found a few pics of him throughout his career.
Pics
idlewis
Grafter

He was my favourite snooker player when I was younger at the when I was staying with my Great Grandmother and both of us watched every snooker going.  Although I do not watch snooker, I still remember him and he will be sadly missed.  I wonder everything be calm now as the hurricane is gone.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I was going to post this but death threads dont go down too well on here.
Community Veteran

Some very nice tributes today from his contemporaries.  He was well liked in the game.
Fixes: 47

Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation