cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aid Worker Murdered

Community Veteran

Aid Worker Murdered

The British hostage David Haines has been murdered by IS.
They have issued an horrific video of the murder.
David Haines
Prime Minister, David Cameron , is to chair an emergency meeting of COBRA later this morning.
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Aid Worker Murdered

For gods sake, when is this madness going to stop? - What is wrong with these people?
All for the sake of religion? Sheesh. This is really crazy.
Thoughts to the family.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Is there any way they can be unbrainwashed & brought back to a level of civilised people
Also thoughts to the family
this guy never deserved this as, he was trying to help those less fortunate than himself
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

These people will never be civilized ,,,,, unfortunate the only thing to do is eradicate them . 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

There will be calls for us to get involved. I hope any decisions are made with a cool head.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Thoughts and prayers go to the family of David Haines.
Just wish the media wouldn't pamper to isis, a nickname like "John the Jihadist" makes him sound like a regular guy like Bob the Builder or Paul the Plumber rather than something terrifying and evil.
I'm surprised internet and mobile phone communications haven't been blocked and disabled denying them the ability to communicate with each other and the outside world.
nadger
Rising Star

One can only feel utter disgust at the behavior of IS.
Unfortunately I can see a backlash in some area of this country against Muslims.
Community Veteran

I hope you are wrong but I fear you could be correct. It will be interesting to see what comes out of COBRA this morning.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

well they wont make the hard decisions until its too late, certain groups within the establishment have been calling for all the known caliphate supporters to be rounded up and secured for the duration but the lily livered are scared of doing it, it would protect both sides from undue aggression but sadly there reticence will fire up problems as this nonsense in the middle east keeps spreading across the globe, already there have been several attacks across mainland Europe and in other places by the brainwashed minority and the frequency of such things will only increase, if the NATO led bombardment of the Islamic state starts to make a real difference to the regions where they currently have strongholds they will be viewed as the poor underdog and a lot more will flock to their banner and wage unholy war against civilians (which seems to be the mainstay of all such radicals)
without definitive action at home and abroad this mess will continue for generations, but stupid people would rather wring their hands over clauses in the criminal rights act that don't prevent detention of suspected enemy agents so long as they are declared as such ......of course to grant such a label to the individuals would semi legitimise anything done to them, lets not forget that non-uniformed enemy agents are called spys and they are not covered by any statutes other than those of the military tribunal system .....so get em all in front of a firing squad and be done with it  Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: nadger
One can only feel utter disgust at the behavior of IS.
Unfortunately I can see a backlash in some area of this country against Muslims.
The silly thing is that ISIS are killing other Muslims as well.
Whilst some Muslims have spoken up about the dangers of radicalisation  more need to do so.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Human=Animal, we seem to somehow forget that, god knows why.
Community Veteran

Humans are the most dangerous animal on the planet.
Not only a threat to other humans but every other living thing on the planet.
Fixes: 47

I've said that a few times on this forum in the past.
If this is what 'a higher form of life' is all about I envy the rest of the animal kingdom.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

If there's one good thing that's come out of the tragic death of David Haines it is that it has been a wake up call to mid eastern countries. At last they are agreeing to back the West in taking action against IS. They will offer both forces and finance. They will also be able to cut off some of the funding going to IS.
Community Veteran

That's good news but it seems to me that apart from America we make the biggest contribution in terms of manpower when it comes to direct action.
Let's hope those supporting this action contribute the same amount as we do