Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ages of forum correspondents

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Ages of forum correspondents

No Oldjim, your avatar just makes you look like a silver surfer!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Grafter

and looking at poll so far - most of us are in same group 60-69! Grin
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Thank you jmd, gotta go and get some sleep now, you know how us oldn's need our shuteye...

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Well not so actually, the majority (so far) are under 50, but I agree the greatest number for a single group is 60 - 69.

Highlighted
Grafter

Josie I'm glad you said young and not childish.
I personally am surprised at how young some our pn friends are![/quote
And I thought I was a silver surfer - not even in the top two

Oldjim I always knew you were sprucing with your non-de-plume.
I would only disagree with your top two, oldest two certainly.
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 18

Obviously it would be cost-effective for PN to aim their advertising at the old-folks homes...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Grafter

Well heres me thinking i'm in a whole new age bracket! I've been ticking the 18 - 24 box for, well you know that amount of time. Now i hit 25 (on Monday i might add) and then i'm still in one with the youngsters!!  Cheesy
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well I am not shy am 45, 46 in May.  Smiley
Highlighted
Rising Star

Own up - who's the nonagenarian Grin
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Now it's only a small self-selecting sample, but it shows a big bias towards the "maturer" user so far. And I'm one of them - bus pass just over a year away!
If that reflects the broader population of PN customers then some market research might be of value to PN - understanding why they attract those people, and maybe how to get more of them?
It would also be interesting to know if people are new to Broadband/computing or are "old hands" at that too (as well as life itself). Personally I've been using computers for well over 40 years, actually working in IT for 90% of that time and I think I first had an email address over 25 years ago.  Cool
Highlighted
Grafter

I think this is more representative of who uses the PN forum than of the broader population of PN customers, don't you think?
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce
Now it's only a small self-selecting sample, but it shows a big bias towards the "maturer" user so far. And I'm one of them - bus pass just over a year away!
If that reflects the broader population of PN customers then some market research might be of value to PN - understanding why they attract those people, and maybe how to get more of them?
It would also be interesting to know if people are new to Broadband/computing or are "old hands" at that too (as well as life itself). Personally I've been using computers for well over 40 years, actually working in IT for 90% of that time and I think I first had an email address over 25 years ago.  Cool

This comment is interesting, if you look at the topic 'The gulf between non-techie people and the experts is so wide', there seems not to be much understanding or sympathy by the 'experts', their attitude seems to be, 'It's not my fault if you don't understand'.
By the way I got my first computer (a laptop) and started to use broadband about four years ago.
That's right, I was seventy three.
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce

Also, where does "maturer" start? If it is 50, then the divide is pretty much 50/50 at the moment...  Smiley
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 9

I'm kinda gutted that i have to check 1 box lower down than I'm used to.    Undecided
Kelly Dorset
Broadband Service Manager
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: BlueRhizome
Also, where does "maturer" start?

Start another poll on that?  Grin
(I used the old trick of look at the data first then define the categories......)